Same here. Sucks they didn't include actionable notifications, the whole interface looks pretty cool
    Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. They’ve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.
    AllanRosen likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:16 PM
    Apple has been late but has a better implementation so I am hoping to see that again in the same...
    I generally agree. All of these guys take ideas from the others. That was a cool thing about webOS and the quick access to wifi, Bluetooth, etc. is a good thing about Android. I'm glad to see iOS get good features.
    anon5664829 and redbeard like this.
    06-10-2013 05:17 PM
    WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.
    Troll hungry! Need food!
    mikeo007 and anon5664829 like this.
    06-10-2013 05:19 PM
    Not at ALL ! I had the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 when it came out. I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android. Sure iOS 7 "looks' appealing. But really how much different is it.
    06-10-2013 05:23 PM
    WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.
    I'll take crazy over moronic...you can enjoy the latter.
    mikeo007 and qbnkelt like this.
    06-10-2013 05:32 PM
    I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android.
    iOS just does it better. More fluidly. More stable. Not fully of bugs like android where you have to be walking around with two batteries and a charger in hand.
    06-10-2013 05:40 PM
    Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. Theyve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.
    I wouldn't go saying it will do anything to Jailbreak. Sure the less hardcore JBers will flock to it. However there are still many things that iOS 7 wont give a user that true JB users will want. So sure it will make some people switch maybe a large amount maybe not. However there will still be a large amount left.
    06-10-2013 05:52 PM
    Not at ALL ! I had the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 when it came out. I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android. Sure iOS 7 "looks' appealing. But really how much different is it.
    Android features mean nothing if you have to wait a year or more to get it.
    anon5664829 and GibMcFragger like this.
    06-10-2013 05:53 PM
    Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. They’ve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.

I couldn't disagree with you more more.. While they added several new features, there's still hundreds available in Cydia that they did not, still no widgets, quick reply, notification icons, etc..

Plus, you can't change out these hideous pre-school icons without jailbreaking, a friend of mine that doesn't care one bit about jailbreaking or themes, told me he might have to jailbreak just to change the hideous new icons out.

Now iOS 7, with a truly well-designed and beautiful theme installed like Jaku, will be awesome.

Jailbreaking should be more popular than ever.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:03 PM
    Why are you so upset trandz?
    06-10-2013 06:18 PM
    What is the activation lock?
    06-10-2013 06:28 PM
    Some of the iOS 7 features that caught my eye:

• Multiple pages of apps within folders. Still no folder within folders, but at least I wont need 3 folders of games and 2 folders of weather apps!
    • Activation Lock
    • Notification Center toggles
    • Control Center switching
    • Safari iCloud keychain
    • Camera - 4 shooting modes and live filters
    • AppStore auto update
    • Facetime/Call/iMessage blocking for those really annoying people
    WebOS style of app switching. As an ex WebOS user, i am major psyched for that.
    06-10-2013 06:33 PM
    What is the activation lock?
    It's a new thing where if someone wipes their device with "Find my iPhone" the only way someone can activate and use that device again is to provide the iCloudID & Password of the account used to wipe the device.
    06-10-2013 06:34 PM
    Looks totally awesome
    06-10-2013 06:42 PM
    You know how you said iOS 7 wont impress me swarlos? You were wrong. Screw Android iOS is tonnes better, My god I am so impressed by iOS 7
    You cant tell how bloody excited I am for it.
    Haha well I'm glad I was wrong!!

So excited for Control Center such a better implementation then Android.

Super stoked for iCloud Keychain!

Just wish there was interactive notifications like Mavericks.

I'm so impressed!

Sent from the collector home world.
    anon5664829 likes this.
    06-10-2013 06:48 PM
    I understand what you're saying, but you must remember that although Android may have had these feature already, there are a great deal of iPhone users who have never owned an Android and to them, it is new. Personally speaking, I've used every mobile platform at one point or another and still, I'm excited and pleased about the iOS 7 enhancements & features that will be "new" to the iPhone and iPad. I'm also glad that those very things that non-iPhone and some current iPhone users have complained about not having will soon be available to them. Know what I mean?
    swarlos, kch50428 and miah84 like this.
    06-10-2013 06:58 PM
    Well let's see only the current iteration of Android finally got toggles in the notification shade and even then it's only a shortcut that takes you to the settings it's still not a true toggle.

Plus I would rather take anything Apple does over Samsuck and Google any day. Yes Apple may take longer in implementing things but when they do its solid!!

Plus every other keynote I've watched the excitement and energy in the room of those other keynotes can't even compare to the uproar at WWDC with the exception of maybe Google I/O.

Also the Berlin store turnout you would never see that at a Samsuck store opening. Apple just rocks!!

Get over your troll self, stop being jelly and join us we have free bacon!!

anon5664829 likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:04 PM
    Haha well I'm glad I was wrong!!

So excited for Control Center such a better implementation then Android.

Super stoked for iCloud Keychain!

Just wish there was interactive notifications like Mavericks.

I'm so impressed!

Control centre is much better then Androids toggles.
    swarlos likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:07 PM
    I am completely blown away. Finally everything I love about android on an iPhone and then some!!! This is my cell phone dream come true!!!
    anon5664829 likes this.
    06-10-2013 07:12 PM
    Where's the video? Havent watched it yet but does ios 7 have any new features compared to other platforms?
    06-10-2013 07:12 PM
    Well let's see only the current iteration of Android finally got toggles in the notification shade and even then it's only a shortcut that takes you to the settings it's still not a true toggle.

Plus I would rather take anything Apple does over Samsuck and Google any day. Yes Apple may take longer in implementing things but when they do its solid!!

Plus every other keynote I've watched the excitement and energy in the room of those other keynotes can't even compare to the uproar at WWDC with the exception of maybe Google I/O.

Also the Berlin store turnout you would never see that at a Samsuck store opening. Apple just rocks!!

Get over your troll self, stop being jelly and join us we have free bacon!!

I cant wait for iOS.
    06-10-2013 07:14 PM
    Where's the video?
    Apple - Apple Events - WWDC 2013 Keynote
    06-10-2013 07:15 PM
    Thanks
    06-10-2013 07:16 PM
    Whether you HAD something for a year has no bearing on whether it is something new for iOS. There is alot that has changed on iOS7, regardless of whether you HAD it on another platform. In other words, your claim is not supported by your argument.
    06-10-2013 07:34 PM
    Still no quick reply for text messaging? That's surprising. Glad to see they finally added quick toggles though.
    06-10-2013 07:46 PM
73 123