Seriously can't wait for iOS7

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It's not like you can't go anywhere if you are dissapointed with the new "flat" design, plenty of options nowdays and most of them are pretty good, so wait, decide, stay or move on ...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol @ the S4 is another level. It's a fine phone to be certain...but it's just a polished S3.

Apparently all the rumored crap online about iOS 7 is inaccurate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is not for everyone and will never have everything that everyone wants. Thankfully, we are blessed with other companies that can fill the void. If the iPhone did have everything that everyone wanted in a smartphone, all of the other smartphones makers would go out of business and then people would claim that Apple has a monopoly on the industry and should be punished for being too great....:)

norrisja

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have 30 days left on my developer's account before it must be renewed. I hope to get the 7.0 beta before my account expires.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
lol @ the S4 is another level. It's a fine phone to be certain...but it's just a polished S3.

Apparently all the rumored crap online about iOS 7 is inaccurate.

Looks like Apple may have succeeded with their secrecy promise.

Sent from the collector home world.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have 30 days left on my developer's account before it must be renewed. I hope to get the 7.0 beta before my account expires.

Two things... if you’re a developer, why wouldn’t you renew? You need to continue supporting your apps, right? And secondly, you might be able to squeeze a couple of beta releases out of the next 30 days - probably the first beta for sure... but after that, what are you going to do? Restore and go back to 6.1.3?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Two things... if you?re a developer, why wouldn?t you renew? You need to continue supporting your apps, right? And secondly, you might be able to squeeze a couple of beta releases out of the next 30 days - probably the first beta for sure... but after that, what are you going to do? Restore and go back to 6.1.3?

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
They said the same thing for the iPhone 4S.

Again? Same design? Nothings change but a few features internally. People hated it when it was announced yet everyone still bought it and ended up being a very successful predecessor to the 4.

Sure you can hate on ios 7 when it first comes out but I know as soon as the official update comes out all of you will be running it on your phones.

The things is, people seem to underestimate the 4S potential.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it make sense to switch ecosystems if the one you’re currently subscribed to isn't meeting your needs.

With that said, how functional can a split screen/dual app process be on a 4" screen? Infrared beam? Really? I’m guessing that you should go ahead and pack your bags now ... cause that stuff ain’t coming to an iPhone near you or me anytime soon.

You're right, a 4 inch screen with the iphone 5 being as narrow as it is won't accommodate multi window split screen the way a bigger screen does. That's why I never liked the screen size increase in the 5. it just wasn't enough. Reading anythig is just easier on a bigger screen. So is viewing maps. Hard to argue that smaller is better or even as efficient.

I have an audio receiver, tv, cable box, AC, Ceiling fan and LED color changing light bulbs all controlled via IR... and that's just in the living room. Why wouldn't you welcome an IR on your next iPhone?

So I gather the general perception is.. If one is not happy with the latest apple phone or OS, there's always a choice to switch. This is true except that I was really rooting for Apple all along. I made the lines in years past, high fived everyone because there was nothing like an iPhone at one point. I never thought about making a switch, not even when the S3 was out. But now android 4.2 + GS4 has really caught up in every aspect. Even further, their OS is just a LOT more customizable than ours. I like iOS i really do, but theirs just does more. :(

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am actually excited for the "flat" design. I think it looks more modern and just plain good. It's looks even more simple than iOS already does. I enjoy simple looking things. It definitely is a drastic change seeing that iOS has been what it is (the look of it at least) pretty much from the first iPhone.

Needless to say, I'm ready for this flat design. I like it. I'm excited.

Blake

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You're right, a 4 inch screen with the iphone 5 being as narrow as it is won't accommodate multi window split screen the way a bigger screen does. That's why I never liked the screen size increase in the 5. it just wasn't enough. Reading anythig is just easier on a bigger screen. So is viewing maps. Hard to argue that smaller is better or even as efficient.

I have an audio receiver, tv, cable box, AC, Ceiling fan and LED color changing light bulbs all controlled via IR... and that's just in the living room. Why wouldn't you welcome an IR on your next iPhone?

So I gather the general perception is.. If one is not happy with the latest apple phone or OS, there's always a choice to switch. This is true except that I was really rooting for Apple all along. I made the lines in years past, high fived everyone because there was nothing like an iPhone at one point. I never thought about making a switch, not even when the S3 was out. But now android 4.2 + GS4 has really caught up in every aspect. Even further, their OS is just a LOT more customizable than ours. I like iOS i really do, but theirs just does more. :(

I actually prefer the iPhone 5 screen... especially the form factor. It?s a 4" screen that is still manageable with one hand.

Personally, I have no need for IR, and it?s old technology. The Palm Pilot and Palm Treo used IR to connect with devices... not something that I ever see Apple adding to its devices.

Again, I have been using iOS devices for 3 years, and have no desire to look elsewhere - at least not now. It important to find what works for you... and to have options... good luck with whatever choices you make going forward.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer the iPhone 5 screen... especially the form factor. It?s a 4" screen that is still manageable with one hand.

Personally, I have no need for IR, and it?s old technology. The Palm Pilot and Palm Treo used IR to connect with devices... not something that I ever see Apple adding to its devices.

Again, I have been using iOS devices for 3 years, and have no desire to look elsewhere - at least not now. It important to find what works for you... and to have options... good luck with whatever choices you make going forward.

So do I Fausty after using bigger screened Android phones I'm actually really happy with the 4" inch size. I really don't want them to go much bigger. I think some of these huge screened phones like new Samsung Galaxy Mega look stupid and are over kill.

Sent from the collector home world.

norrisja

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Two things... if you?re a developer, why wouldn?t you renew? You need to continue supporting your apps, right? And secondly, you might be able to squeeze a couple of beta releases out of the next 30 days - probably the first beta for sure... but after that, what are you going to do? Restore and go back to 6.1.3?

I'm going to renew for sure. I am switching careers and running low on dough for the next few weeks.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Because I'm willing and able to get up and change these things by hand . . .

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

At the cost of stability, it does have more features...bottom line, Android caught up to iOS in every aspect except the one that keeps people happy and satisfied with iOS, and that is a stable work environment. The "bigger is better" argument is purely subjective...i personally don't care at all for the larger screens offered on the Galaxy S and Note lines of devices, and find the iPhone 5's screen size perfect for reading and enjoying videos, and it's more than sufficient for viewing maps easily and optimally.

Give me my phone sized smart-phone and stable work environment all day vs. a phablet and clunky OS. Do I welcome new features and options on the iPhone? Always. But not at the expense of the stability i enjoy from every Apple product i use. The bottom line here is that if a stable and simple device doesn't float your boat, you have options...i don't really see what "always pulling for Apple" has anything to do with, you either support their approach or you don't, by now i would think it would be pretty common knowledge of what the iPhone (and all Apple products for that matter) are all about...sitting there "pulling" for Apple to create a Galaxy S type phone is a fools effort.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Because I'm willing and able to get up and change these things by hand . . .

Or because I can use the remote control for those devices that came with them...

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Yep, the narrowness of the screen is why I am not on the iPhone (I don't care about multitasking). I find the 4.3" to 4.7" screens ideal. 5” and above ? For a phone, you can keep it. For the past couple of years, I was sporting a BB 9810 (the way iOS handled email attachments had originally steered me away from the iPhone). When it came time to replace it, I looked at all my options, including the iPhone. (I looked at how often the way iOS handled attachments would get in my 'way' and it was rarely.) I don't know if it's aging, or that the eye doctor said I have 20% light blockage, but I can see the larger (read wider) screens better. The wider screen of the iPad is one of many reasons why I won't even consider switching over to anything else in the tablet realm.

Receiver has wifi, TiVo (with cable cards, no cable box) has wifi. Ceiling fans are RF, upgradable to wifi, and the latest color changing LED bulb is wifi. Why keep buying IrDA only equipment. Lay in bed, receiver is in the living room, change audio program without getting up or spoiling the mood. ;)

More customizable does not mean does more. It might make certain tasks easier, but doesn't mean it does more.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
A built in IR is not the dealbreaker here but it is somewhat humerous with some of the response . I have wifi remote capability on a couple of my devices and I've found that Wifi remote is just not nearly as direct to a device as IR is. plus most importantly you'll need a different app to control different devices. I travel for work and am not a fan of using the hotel remotes when I can use my phone instead.

Having a built in IR just makes things easier and I feel like the main reason this discussion is being entertained is because the overall feeling is the next iPhone won't be getting one. But instead if Apple did include it, we would all gladly welcome it. So what gives? Because android did it first us Apple consumers have a hard time tipping our caps to that feature? It's probably the same folks who deny needing any sort of multi window multitasking.

And to the person who was talking about users liking iOS for its stable work environment.. While that has been the major knock for the android OS over the years when compared to iOS, I'm not sure one can still say that anymore. 4.X android OS is pretty stable, it's come a long way from when I used to tease my buddy's galaxy S2 for taking out his battery when his phone would constantly freeze all the time. That is just not as true anymore. If you were to take a closer look at 4.2 OS from an unbiased view , you'd see a stable platform and why that OS has caught up and exceeded in certain areas.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
anyone notice that the yahoo weather app update was *almost* a preview of what to expect in iOS 7 as far as look and feel??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone notice that the yahoo weather app update was *almost* a preview of what to expect in iOS 7 as far as look and feel??

Yes! The Latest Yahoo Weather App is the first thing I thought of when I saw the iOS 7 weather screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73