I am hoping to be able to manage my iPod Nano with my iPad and manage all photos (read delete) on it without needing a 'truck' computer.
    06-09-2013 12:08 AM
    Ugh I'm not liking the "flat design" at all. If that's the case I hope there is an option to use the flat design or original design. What's the point of a Retina Display without a beautiful interface? It's one of my favorite parts of iOS. But I'm a highly aesthetic person though. I am looking forward to what new features may be available though.
    So will this revamp finally bring ios into the 21st century? how about a usable file browser at the VERY least, maybe the ability to deal with 1080p videos!??
    I am hoping to be able to manage my iPod Nano with my iPad and manage all photos (read delete) on it without needing a 'truck' computer.
    Its going to be interesting to see what actually comes with/in iOS 7, but I have a strong feeling that some (maybe ALL) of you are going to be disappointed. Its almost 100% guaranteed that if they go with a "flat" design, that it wont be a user configurable option. If its "flat", thats going to be your only choice.

The file browser thought is interesting... but on a device with a 960 x 640 resolution, it doesnt make much sense to to 1080p video...

Finally, doubtful that youll be able to configure/manage other devices from a different device.

Well know soon enough, however...
    06-09-2013 12:31 AM
    The geek in me is always excited for major OS updates. Like a lot if you, I'm very curious to see what Jony Ive has done with the look of iOS.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-09-2013 12:46 AM

Finally, doubtful that youll be able to configure/manage other devices from a different device.

Well know soon enough, however...
    I know I won't get a pony either, but that's never stopped me from hoping...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    06-09-2013 08:17 AM
    It will be interesting. Be it new or better services, with or without a visual make over.
    06-09-2013 10:40 AM
    People can say they have a feeling that they will be disappointed it's their right. Everyone is different that is what makes the world a fun place. Me however I can honestly say I will not be disappointed. I never have at any iOS version. I love the excitement of the keynote, watching to see what new features are put out. I chose iOS for a reason and perhaps I just don't put as much importance in the way it looks or perhaps it's the fact of being a Jailbreaker so I've never had to use the stock iOS for long periods of time. 1 more day to go!!!!!! 😄
    Fausty82 and Mr.Willie like this.
    06-09-2013 12:10 PM
    06-09-2013 12:12 PM
    Being a design centric person (I like designing app Mockups, layouts, am studying architecture and do more of the interior decorating in my house than my girlfriend) I am very curious if iOS will become more bland or more modern. As it stands now the realistic elements used now are what make iOS seem element because, for the most part, they are nicely done. Over time those elements have aged and need updating. Apps like contacts on ios are easily the most boring of all apps on the phone. As a matter of fact the realistic elements like leather and such are more common on the iPad than iPhone so taking away the gloss and shadows without redesigning iOS to look attractive with less textures would kill the elegance. If we use the WWDC app as an example, its pretty boring. It's almost all grey tones except for the navigation icons when clicked and label marks on events. Flat and simple can be done right. Not everybody likes it, but android did do a great job with flat design because it still has some depth, just the right amount of accent colors and is designed from the ground up to look good. I am not a fan of metro, I think that's way to extravagant and I don't expect that for ios. My fear is they try to simply remove textures from iOS and call that a new design. It doesn't need an entire revamp to look good, but everything needs an overhaul or tweak to work properly. The WWDC app has way too many color tones within the same color brightness. There needs to be more contrasting colors (really dark grey or black. Also, I gradients need to be all the same contrast so if they are going to use an extremely light gradient, everything needs that same level. The header bars had more of a distinctive gradient than the almost flat top bar. That makes the design look less polished and incomplete.

No one said WWDC app was what iOS 7 will be, but I am analyzing what we have to go on.
    06-09-2013 12:51 PM
    I am stoked for WWDC- I can't wait to hear what iOS 7 will bring.

My prediction of iOS 7:
    80% will be cosmetic changes, with what we've read so far with the flat design and a few surprises.
    15% will be updates to functionality with existing apps, i.e. maps, mail, passbook, etc.
    5% will be new apps/features of iOS 7

And since everybody is hating on Apple, there will be a "one more thing" and it will be the introduction of iRadio.
    06-09-2013 01:01 PM
    I’ve said all along that iOS 7 will be a big change... but given all the anticipation and hype, it can’t help but disappoint some. It’s just not possible to live up to it all.

And, yes, I am excited to see what it brings.
    06-09-2013 01:13 PM
    06-09-2013 02:04 PM
    I can hardly wait for all the haters in the blogosphere to dish their usual venom on how Apple is total fail...
    Fausty82, swarlos and revtech like this.
    06-09-2013 02:07 PM
    I can hardly wait for all the haters in the blogosphere to dish their usual venom on how Apple is total fail...
    Something that has been said since 2007. Hell, I used to say it.

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II
    06-09-2013 02:29 PM
    lol...i can't wait to see the flood of "iOS 7 is stale" comments after they show it and it doesn't look like Android.
    Haha. It sure doesn't need to look like android however Apple can surely borrow some simple features from google that should've been available a long time ago. Like better overall custimazation and better multitasking capabilities.

Have you guys seen the 50/50 multi window multitasking on that sweet S4? Take notes seemlessly on the bottom window while watching your tutorial video on top. Apple needs something like this ASAP. I also want a bigger screen though that I realize it comes down to personal preference. I also could greatly benefit from an infrared beem on my phone. I have endless IR gadgets all over the house.

I'm going to wait and see what Apple does with ios7 and the next iPhone. If I don't like what I see, I'm making the switch the day ip6 is announced.

..and I've been time iPhone since Feb 2008 had every model since. Have iPad 1 & 3. That S4 is on another level folks. And android is stable enough for me at this point to actually consider taking the leap.

Regards,

Gino
    06-09-2013 05:22 PM
    Haha. It sure doesn't need to look like android however Apple can surely borrow some simple features from google that should've been available a long time ago. Like better overall custimazation and better multitasking capabilities.

Have you guys seen the 50/50 multi window multitasking on that sweet S4? Take notes seemlessly on the bottom window while watching your tutorial video on top. Apple needs something like this ASAP. I also want a bigger screen though that I realize it comes down to personal preference. I also could greatly benefit from an infrared beem on my phone. I have endless IR gadgets all over the house.

I'm going to wait and see what Apple does with ios7 and the next iPhone. If I don't like what I see, I'm making the switch the day ip6 is announced.

..and I've been time iPhone since Feb 2008 had every model since. Have iPad 1 & 3. That S4 is on another level folks. And android is stable enough for me at this point to actually consider taking the leap.

Regards,

Gino
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it make sense to switch ecosystems if the one you’re currently subscribed to isn't meeting your needs.

With that said, how functional can a split screen/dual app process be on a 4" screen? Infrared beam? Really? I’m guessing that you should go ahead and pack your bags now ... cause that stuff ain’t coming to an iPhone near you or me anytime soon.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Just_Me_D and kch50428 like this.
    06-09-2013 06:16 PM
    It's not like you can't go anywhere if you are dissapointed with the new "flat" design, plenty of options nowdays and most of them are pretty good, so wait, decide, stay or move on ...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2013 06:33 PM
    lol @ the S4 is another level. It's a fine phone to be certain...but it's just a polished S3.

Apparently all the rumored crap online about iOS 7 is inaccurate.
    06-09-2013 06:46 PM
    The iPhone is not for everyone and will never have everything that everyone wants. Thankfully, we are blessed with other companies that can fill the void. If the iPhone did have everything that everyone wanted in a smartphone, all of the other smartphones makers would go out of business and then people would claim that Apple has a monopoly on the industry and should be punished for being too great....
    06-09-2013 07:08 PM
    I have 30 days left on my developer's account before it must be renewed. I hope to get the 7.0 beta before my account expires.
    06-09-2013 07:53 PM
    lol @ the S4 is another level. It's a fine phone to be certain...but it's just a polished S3.

Apparently all the rumored crap online about iOS 7 is inaccurate.
    Looks like Apple may have succeeded with their secrecy promise.

Sent from the collector home world.
    06-09-2013 08:19 PM
    I have 30 days left on my developer's account before it must be renewed. I hope to get the 7.0 beta before my account expires.
    Two things... if you’re a developer, why wouldn’t you renew? You need to continue supporting your apps, right? And secondly, you might be able to squeeze a couple of beta releases out of the next 30 days - probably the first beta for sure... but after that, what are you going to do? Restore and go back to 6.1.3?
    06-09-2013 08:46 PM
    Two things... if youre a developer, why wouldnt you renew? You need to continue supporting your apps, right? And secondly, you might be able to squeeze a couple of beta releases out of the next 30 days - probably the first beta for sure... but after that, what are you going to do? Restore and go back to 6.1.3?
    06-09-2013 08:47 PM
    They said the same thing for the iPhone 4S.

Again? Same design? Nothings change but a few features internally. People hated it when it was announced yet everyone still bought it and ended up being a very successful predecessor to the 4.

Sure you can hate on ios 7 when it first comes out but I know as soon as the official update comes out all of you will be running it on your phones.
    The things is, people seem to underestimate the 4S potential.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    06-09-2013 09:01 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it make sense to switch ecosystems if the one you’re currently subscribed to isn't meeting your needs.

With that said, how functional can a split screen/dual app process be on a 4" screen? Infrared beam? Really? I’m guessing that you should go ahead and pack your bags now ... cause that stuff ain’t coming to an iPhone near you or me anytime soon.
    You're right, a 4 inch screen with the iphone 5 being as narrow as it is won't accommodate multi window split screen the way a bigger screen does. That's why I never liked the screen size increase in the 5. it just wasn't enough. Reading anythig is just easier on a bigger screen. So is viewing maps. Hard to argue that smaller is better or even as efficient.

I have an audio receiver, tv, cable box, AC, Ceiling fan and LED color changing light bulbs all controlled via IR... and that's just in the living room. Why wouldn't you welcome an IR on your next iPhone?

So I gather the general perception is.. If one is not happy with the latest apple phone or OS, there's always a choice to switch. This is true except that I was really rooting for Apple all along. I made the lines in years past, high fived everyone because there was nothing like an iPhone at one point. I never thought about making a switch, not even when the S3 was out. But now android 4.2 + GS4 has really caught up in every aspect. Even further, their OS is just a LOT more customizable than ours. I like iOS i really do, but theirs just does more.
    06-09-2013 09:08 PM
    I am actually excited for the "flat" design. I think it looks more modern and just plain good. It's looks even more simple than iOS already does. I enjoy simple looking things. It definitely is a drastic change seeing that iOS has been what it is (the look of it at least) pretty much from the first iPhone.

Needless to say, I'm ready for this flat design. I like it. I'm excited.

Blake
    06-09-2013 09:08 PM
62 123