What features do you think will be included in iOS 7? You can be featured in blog post!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: What features do you think will be included in iOS 7?

I could absolutely be in the minority here but I'd love to utilize my notification bar much like android does. I came from the droid ecosystem so it's been a change to give up some of the features, although the stability has been worth it. I miss the clock and weather widget the most, but would still like the abililty to disable or not use this to avoid draining battery or memory. Quick reply in notifications, integrated messaging like others have mentioned, and it would be awesome if we had a swype keyboard in either the app store, or natively. Swype was awesome for one handed replies.

Excellent reply, and in regard to Swype, that is the one thing I do indeed miss from Android. I was a swyping fool before I left the Android platform. :D

chris_328

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

More:
Android-style lock screen widgets (just like in android 4.2)
Ability to add images within the notes app
Top sites in safari (similar to Mac version)
Quick access to the camera for iPad too!!! (And also photobooth)
Quick access to apps in the lock screen (similar to android)
4-5 finger gestures in the iPhone and iPod touch
New text fonts (maybe a part of themes)
Screen casting (to post video tutorials about IOS)
Air Drop mode (transfer files wirelessly)
Screen savers (similar to android's daydream)
Make the contacts app (for iPad) in a full screen mode to accommodate the extra black spaces
And also...... Full Screen stock apps (just like OSX did)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

(snipped)... it would be awesome if we had a swype keyboard in either the app store, or natively. Swype was awesome for one handed replies.

By the way, I read an article moments ago that you may find interesting. Swype Confirmed to be in Talks with Apple. Take the article with a grain of salt....:D

adeath

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Just one... For the love of God, please disable the ability to shoot video in portrait mode. That is all.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh sure let's take away another choice from people. Sometimes (rarely, but more than never) I prefer portrait mode, m'kay?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Which I never said, you should try taking a reading comprehension class or two before making such reactionary, idiotic statements..

Did I mention you personally? I was making a general statement.

That being said, Hooked on Phonics is still a popular seller. Maybe you should check it out and save yourself more embarrassment?

manicmarc

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I would love a new API that allowed long-running, battery intensive tasks to be scheduled overnight when plugged in - the way way iCloud backup works. That way dropbox would be able to do its thing without me needing to remember to open it (and without their current workaround of using location services to constantly relaunch the app, which ironically probably uses more battery life)

3rd Party Accounts and Single - Sign - On - (like Android)

More Visual Spotlight, like OSX

Google Now style 'preemptive alerts' about traffic, appointments, etc

For iPad, a way to turn on Push email only when the device is in use - I don't want it going off all day, but when I am actually using it push email would actually be quite handy.

VoiceTime

Ability to turn off iMessage for specific contacts (when people realise its free, they can go mad and send way too many messages!)

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
First post and all that, hello iMore.

I am a long time android user and you can check out my devices I have had on xda but let's just say I have had roughly every flagship android from every manufacturer to date... With the exception of LG.

So now that I am taking some much needed R&R from dear ol Andy and making a total tab/phone/computer switch to Apple I suppose I have a few things I would like to see carried in to iOS 7.

As many have said, more functions within the notification bar. Quick toggles and swipe to clear notifications. My fingers have a hell of a time hitting the "x" and then "clear" and why do I have to tell it twice that I don't want it in my notification.

Now this is debatable whether the 5 can even do it or if it is a VZW issue but voice over data. I don't need it but its handy. So either apple or VZW need to get cracking.

Time stamps within the SMS. When someone says they will be 30 minutes I want to be able to go back and see when they said that.

I am against widgets. Even on my S3 and Note 2 certain widgets would slow down screen swiping.

A CHOICE to have an app drawer so I can clean up the home screen and alphabetize the apps.

I know this can be done through theming but the choice to darken everything. Shut those pixels off on black and conserve the life of the screen and save battery.

Without jail breaking the ability to download large apps from the App Store straight to the device without the need for iTunes or wifi.

More improvement in Maps but Google Maps is working fine for me I suppose.

Still learning iOS so if this is possible I apologize but ability to use home screen in landscape.

Move the M button farther from the backspace key.

That's all I can think of for now. Loving the 5 and iPad 4 and mini thus far. Selling off some more stuff to get an i7 Mac mini to ssd and throw some more ram at.

I really hope they don't "flatten" iOS like they're alluding to. If I wanted a windows phone look which I had the 8x I would have stuck with it.

Ryan Goodman

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE a lot more different things happen with iOS7. I would love to hear some kind of sound while tapping a application. With facebook i would love to hear more notification sounds instead of just messages and friend requests. I would also love to see a total re-design. A 12MEGApixel camera and more things to do with pictures :)

Sincerely,
Ryan

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
First post and all that, hello iMore.

I am a long time android user and you can check out my devices I have had on xda but let's just say I have had roughly every flagship android from every manufacturer to date... With the exception of LG.

So now that I am taking some much needed R&R from dear ol Andy and making a total tab/phone/computer switch to Apple I suppose I have a few things I would like to see carried in to iOS 7.

As many have said, more functions within the notification bar. Quick toggles and swipe to clear notifications. My fingers have a hell of a time hitting the "x" and then "clear" and why do I have to tell it twice that I don't want it in my notification.

Now this is debatable whether the 5 can even do it or if it is a VZW issue but voice over data. I don't need it but its handy. So either apple or VZW need to get cracking.

Time stamps within the SMS. When someone says they will be 30 minutes I want to be able to go back and see when they said that.

I am against widgets. Even on my S3 and Note 2 certain widgets would slow down screen swiping.

A CHOICE to have an app drawer so I can clean up the home screen and alphabetize the apps.

I know this can be done through theming but the choice to darken everything. Shut those pixels off on black and conserve the life of the screen and save battery.

Without jail breaking the ability to download large apps from the App Store straight to the device without the need for iTunes or wifi.

More improvement in Maps but Google Maps is working fine for me I suppose.

Still learning iOS so if this is possible I apologize but ability to use home screen in landscape.

Move the M button farther from the backspace key.

That's all I can think of for now. Loving the 5 and iPad 4 and mini thus far. Selling off some more stuff to get an i7 Mac mini to ssd and throw some more ram at.

I really hope they don't "flatten" iOS like they're alluding to. If I wanted a windows phone look which I had the 8x I would have stuck with it.

Agree with everything in your post.

The home screen can't be used in landscape so you're not crazy LOL.

I would love to see the settings toggles in NC.

Would also love to see features from Bitesms brought to the stock app such as quick reply and quick compose plus the ability for pass codes and changing the theme.

Also would love to see something like color keyboard cause I love being able to change my keyboard theme.

Sent from the collector home world.

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I don't understand why on my old iPod Nano 5G, I could get radio even though its not a WIFI device, but on iPod touch 4G I need WIFI and an app to stream radio? Why can't it just have radio without wifi. So much easier.

We should be able to block people from texting us and face timing us.

AND PLEASE APPLE I BEG YOU, GET RID OF NEWSSTAND! or have an option to have it on your home screen or not.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It has been said before, either on this thread or another, but hiding Apple default apps. I don't see this happening and I get it. Why would Apple want to let users have the ability to eat rid of their apps? I honestly don't think they do. But it would satisfy so many consumers. I hate having two mail clients, two browsers, etc. I use maps and calendar, but not safari and mail. Something new with the notification center would be nice as well.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Increased DND functionality - Just the mot basic example many users will not have the same DND needs on the weekend as they do during the week due to work, kids, etc. There should be the ability to set more than one DND range just like the alarms.

Bluetooth and Wifi toggles - The toggles can be put in the Notification Center and would allow people easy one swipe ability from anywhere to turn BT and Wifi on and off. Since these two things can drain battery power which more and more is becoming the big differentiater in smartphones the toggles give users easy access. It is easy to tell a person to turn off their BT when it's not in use to save battery power but then try to lead them through the steps of turning it off and then back on when they need it. It is not easy or is it easy to remember.

Music player app gets up next - The up next feature in iTunes is awesome, with ever expanding playlists and libraries even in a playlist sometimes a user will have a sequence of songs they want to play/listen to. So up next would allow the user to que up the songs in the order they want.

Playlist enhancements - Why is a user not able to do something as simple as change the name of a playlist on the device? You can hit edit but that only allows you to add and delete songs in the playlist. You should also have the option to tap and hold the name of the playlist and rename it. The "Done" button when editing a playlist lives at the top of the list, when there is a large list of songs in the playlist that leads to a lot of scrolling. The button should be on both the top and bottom of the playlist so that when you are finished editing depending on where you are in the list you can either scroll to the top or down to the bottom.

Playlists in iCloud - When I change my playlists it is a mini nightmare to update it on all of my 4 devices. If it was in iCloud I could just update the playlist on one device and have the changes propogate to all devices.

Music app from the lock screen - The screen is a huge drain on the battery and the longer it is on the more battery it uses. The double click of the home button makes the accidental activation of the music app unlikely. So why can't I get to it from the lock screen? It is not a security issue. It also makes it quicker and easier to do things requiring less time for the screen to be one. Now you have to wake up the device, unlock, then launch the music app and make the changes. If instead you double tapped the home button made your change and then put the device back to sleep it would save time and a bit of battery life too.

Change the label of pictures - When I take a picture I want the ability to change the label in the photos app. Just like in Pages and many other places I want to tap and hold the name to then be able to edit it. I can rename pictures to put them in a certain sequence, make them stand out by theme among the hundreds of other photos I have.

Wish upon a star
Put app icons anywhere on the home screen grid - This is something I would give anything to have in iOS 7 but it's something that I don't think we will get in iOS anytime soon. The ability to put app icons and folders at any spot on grid of the home screen. The icons/folders will still be on the grid they just would have the freedom to be put at any point of the grid.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73