First Look At iOS 7 - concept

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has seen these mockup concepts yet but some look pretty cool. Hope some of the ideas here are legit.
Eight iOS 7 Flat UI Mockups: Is This What Your Next iPhone Will Look Like? | Gizmodo Australia

This concept is also nice looking.
New iOS 7 concept features flat UI, Dashboard and more

I feel I like this the best though.
Will Jony Ive Let A Flat Design For iOS 7 Fall Flat? - Forbes

I like the last one.....A LOT! I could live with that for sure!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand how so many people are so excited over these flat things. Many of them look very childish to me and I'd rather just Jailbreak regular iOS and put a theme at that point. I don't think or want Apple to do a 180 sure there are things that could do away with the current look and feel and I'm sure that is what they are doing. Sure the current homescreen, native app icons could take a little refreshing, updating, add a little more punch but flattening it is not the magical bullet. The Jailbreak themes are proof that you don't have to drastically change the current look of iOS to make it look more fresh and updated. I want Apple to look at all the pieces of the OS that are dated and can be changed. It's as small as the volume icon you get when you turn up the volume on your iOS device. I easily changed mine out on all my devices to one that is 3D and more up to date matching the OS a lot better. So just the little things like that can go a long way but it is an example of what I would like to see with the UI. Just because it's different doesn't make it better that just means in two or three years everyone will be tired of that and then you'll have to change to something else.

Attachments

• IMG_3800.PNG
    IMG_3800.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I don't like everything in this mockup but there are really cool elements like tapping the Wifi to toggle it on/off. I want a smarter OS that makes this easier and quicker for the user. The OS should require the user to do less work and still achieve the same result. The BT could exist in the taskbar and tapping it turns it on "lights up" and tapping it again "becomes dark or greyed out" turned off.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
HTC did a survey that proved no one wants widgets.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Not sure who they asked, but nearly everybody I know using Android are using widgets, and refuse to use iOS because it lacks that capability. My wife is one of them, she HATES my iPhone. She's an HTC fan, using the Evo LTE right now.

I use them all the time on my GS3, too.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure who they asked, but nearly everybody I know using Android are using widgets, and refuse to use iOS because it lacks that capability. My wife is one of them, she HATES my iPhone. She's an HTC fan, using the Evo LTE right now.

What widgets? HTC also came to the conclusion of what few widgets were actually being used.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Right now on my GS3:
Facebook, Twitter, BW Clock, Flipboard, Samsung notes, Google Search, Pandora, calendar, and Google Plus.

Can't look at wifes right now,but she has several.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah HTC must have been on crack when they did that survey cause on every android I had I used widgets mainly beautiful widgets and social media.

Sent from the collector home world.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Funny too considering just about every iPhone user who jailbreaks their phone, adds widgets.

It's a no-brainer, and even on Android phones they are....read carefully.... optional.. Imagine that

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Funny too considering just about every iPhone user who jailbreaks their phone, adds widgets.

It's a no-brainer, and even on Android phones they are....read carefully.... optional.. Imagine that

I tried using iwidgets but they're not implemented as well on iOS as they are on Android. Don't like the fact that you have to use something like iFile to edit the weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit or change your city location. So widgets are the one thing I don't use on my JBed iPhone except for my NC ones.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried using iwidgets but they're not implemented as well on iOS as they are on Android. Don't like the fact that you have to use something like iFile to edit the weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit or change your city location. So widgets are the one thing I don't use on my JBed iPhone except for my NC ones.

Most iWidgets don't need to be set up through iFile, just the menu when you add them to your home screen.

If some guy in his spare time can whip up Android style widgets, that are dead simple to use and place on the springboard, that cause zero battery drain, I think Apple can too..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen