First Look At iOS 7 - concept

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I read about it as well as viewed the video earlier via a competitor's blog and I could see those things being implemented. It would definitely make sense because it would satisfy people who seek more from iOS as well as those who want to maintain iOS simplicity.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow that looks great! I know its just rumor/concept but I'm sure whatever apple comes up with will be as good or better :) yea!

vishhh

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope they give us these features I am really looking forward for ios7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of this. It has nothing to do with Apple. These posts and concepts are not even rumors, they're on a level below even that called Wishful Thinking.

Read the words carefully: A first look at iOS 7 - CONCEPT

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Hate stuff like this, what a misleading thread title! This is NOT a "first look" at iOS 7, it's what some random guys opinion of some changes Apple should make. And they aren't that great or new, double tapping icons to get pop-up "widgets" to load up is more of a pain than just opening an app. The point of a widget is that you don't need to do anything to bring it up, it's always there on your springboard..

This is much much better, and I hear the guy actually got hired by Apple..

iOS 5 Concept Widgets Done Right - YouTube
iOS 5 Concept Lion-Style Dashboard - YouTube

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I like some of the ideas in these videos, but most of it I don't like. I do wish Apple would more things, but widgets are not the answer. Apple knew that and HTC proved it. Widgets are an awful way to go. But quick reply is great. Some of the extra menus are okay as well, but overall I wouldn't care for an iOS that way. And I don't think Jony Ive would ever let iOS be like that either.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
widgets are not the answer. Apple knew that and HTC proved it.

HTC is only suffering the same low marketshare as any other of Samsung's android competitors, including Motorola, Sony, LG. HTC's Blinkfeed has nothing to do with it. The only people I hear trying to hint that it is are on non-android forums. Did some hack over at BGR write an article or something recently promoting nonsense like that?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC is only suffering the same low marketshare as any other of Samsung's android competitors, including Motorola, Sony, LG. HTC's Blinkfeed has nothing to do with it. The only people I hear trying to hint that it is are on non-android forums. Did some hack over at BGR write an article or something recently promoting nonsense like that?

HTC did a survey that proved no one wants widgets.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Spinaltap

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Some widgets are nice, like a favorite contact widget. But most are a waste of memory and battery life IMO. This first video would be nice living the lock screen/quik reply/full page app switcher(mission control- dumb name though)

450 Pro FBL: 3800kv, HB-800 Fbl Gyro - Blade Ncpx

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I read about it and watch the video received on the website of a competitor, and I saw it. Surely it would be wise to meet people who seek more than iOS, and those who want to keep the simplicity of iOS.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I like some of those enhancements, but I don?t want all these crazy widgets on the screen. I refrained from using them when I used Android except for weather and agenda which show up nicely in my notifications menu on iOS. I also think it would be unwise to have that much access from the lock screen. I home Apple works on UI visual enhancements and their cloud services, things should just sync up nicely. Quick settings would be nice, but maybe from the notifications menu. iOS has a simple elegance to it. It is what made me leave Android for iOS. If iOS starts to look like a congesting incoherent version of Touch Wiz, I am sure many people including myself would not be pleased.

In my opinion Apple needs to work on a visual refresh, massive improvement in cloud services, more control for power users, including setting default apps, quick settings toggle in a subtle but easily accessible place, actionable notifications, and active icons or something of the sort. The essence of iOS should remain, because we here on iMore are not the bulk of Apple?s iOS customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR