iOS 7 major overhaul?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. Yes, I can see minor changes to surfaces and the like, but I don't see a major overhaul like some are saying's coming. I expect features, functionality, and minor app UI tweaks.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. Yes, I can see minor changes to surfaces and the like, but I don't see a major overhaul like some are saying's coming. I expect features, functionality, and minor app UI tweaks.

I'm with you. I'll believe it when I actually see it. Furthermore, I don't like how Apple appears to be caving in to what I believe to be a coordinated effort to harm it because of its cash stockpile. After the amount was made known, the negative reporting began and people started resenting the company for it. #smh.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. I'll believe it when I actually see it. Furthermore, I don't like how Apple appears to be caving in to what I believe to be a coordinated effort to harm it because of its cash stockpile. After the amount was made known, the negative reporting began and people started resenting the company for it. #smh.

That's the nature of the beast. You'd be surprised how much cash companies like Sammy and BB contribute to get negative press like that out there. Apple will be fine if they continue what they're doing. Innovate big every few years and keep great products coming every year. If they device to focus on a watch or TV, that could kill them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's the nature of the beast. You'd be surprised how much cash companies like Sammy and BB contribute to get negative press like that out there. Apple will be fine if they continue what they're doing. Innovate big every few years and keep great products coming every year. If they device to focus on a watch or TV, that could kill them.

You're right, my friend. Sorry for the delay. I'm taking care of some things before my trip home to Orlando sometime tomorrow night.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You're right, my friend. Sorry for the delay. I'm taking care of some things before my trip home to Orlando sometime tomorrow night.

No Problem. I tend to view forum conversations as a gradual flow versus an instant reply situation, anyways. 😄

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I seem to recall when the iPhone 5 came out there were alot of people upset about the device, maps and whatever else. It seems most people do not like change even though they ask for it. So I can't help but wonder what the reaction will be like if iOS does in fact get a major overhaul.....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I seem to recall when the iPhone 5 came out there were alot of people upset about the device, maps and whatever else. It seems most people do not like change even though they ask for it. So I can't help but wonder what the reaction will be like if iOS does in fact get a major overhaul.....

They will applaud Apple for making the change and then bash the company for waiting so long. Then they will claim that the UI is Android or Blackberry-like and will claim that it proves that Apple can no longer innovate and is playing catch-up. .....;)

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I cant see BB spending assets to bash the iphone right now

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
IMO.... I think Apply got comfortable in their spot with having the #1 smartphone for so long they allowed the competition to take over. Maybe this overhaul is what's needed. Plus the maps fiasco didnt help. It was a wake up call to change to take over as the leading smartphone once again

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
IMO.... I think Apply got comfortable in their spot with having the #1 smartphone for so long they allowed the competition to take over. Maybe this overhaul is what's needed. Plus the maps fiasco didnt help. It was a wake up call to change to take over as the leading smartphone once again

If you think Apple got "taken over" you clearly haven't tried the competition. I have, and rest assured its still is the leading cellphone in pretty much any metric. (Esp. the most important one: User satisfaction.)

While it will remain the premium and leading smartphone, at least in the near term, will it lose its spot as the most common smartphone platform and market share? Sure. That's just the nature of the beast when you make a 600$ product. The people that don't care that much about a smartphone will usually get the 149$ Android cheapie.
(All statistics also show that those cheap Android smartphones don't really get used as Smartphones.)

Anyways, nobody really knows what IOS 7 will look like. Even most of the people working on it don't really know what the finished product will look like.

They'll make some adjustments to the visuals, but nothing too drastic like "a flat UI".

(Keep in mind, there are people whose jobs literally depend on making/making up Apple news)

Cause really iOS is fine as it is for the most part. It's not "tired" or "old" it's familiar. And most importantly, it works fine.

I think Apple are way too smart to come up with change just for changes sake. And six years isn't much for a good UI. Windows was fundamentally unchanged for 20 years. The way a car is setup has been mostly unchanged for almost a hundred years. Why drop it, if it works?

Last edited:

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you think Apple got "taken over" you clearly haven't tried the competition. I have, and rest assured its still is the leading cellphone in pretty much any metric. (Esp. the most important one: User satisfaction.)

While it'll most l

I have tried the competition and over the years they have made improvements. While apple is still using the same UI as they were 6 years ago. But that is simply my opinion

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup they are. And there's nothing wrong or unusual about that.

Actually, Android are also using roughly the same UI they did 5 years ago, despite some of the advances (and setbacks) they've made in UI and UX since 1.6...

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup they are. And there's nothing wrong or unusual about that.

Actually, Android are also using roughly the same UI they did 5 years ago, despite some of the advances (and setbacks) they've made in UI and UX since 1.6...

Not really. While it is still android it is completely different from 1.6. The whole might act similar but it looks completely different.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You still have the same app drawer metaphor, the 4 buttons that stay in the bottom, and the back and home button. (Though the search button has recently disappeared and menu button moved into the apps)

Fundamentally not much has changed, though you have new fonts, color schemes, layouts, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner