What do you want to see in iOS 7?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well since we're talking about Reminders ( which I use many times a day and love how they sync between my iPhone & iPad) they don't sync to my new MacBook Air because I sync my calendar with Google.

Even though Reminders is a separate app in Mountain Lion, they are group together with calendar for syncing purposes.

So the only way to have them sync (MacBook Air, iPhone & iPad) is to sync your calendar to iCloud

So what I'm doing is accessing Reminders through iCloud.com if I have to use my MBA.

Go Figure

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

My biggest want is gesture control on the iPhone like we have on the iPad. I'd like to be able to operate my iPhone completely via gesture and not use the home button at all. The one thing I really miss about webOS :/

Steve Maher

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think That Apple has lost there ability to think of new ideas, And with that said, Android will steal the market soon...I am diehard Apple freak, but the apple ios6 update was lame.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My biggest want is gesture control on the iPhone like we have on the iPad. I'd like to be able to operate my iPhone completely via gesture and not use the home button at all. The one thing I really miss about webOS :/

j benj,
This might help a bit.
Have you tried enabling AssistiveTouch
Setting>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch.

This places a floating sphere on your screen which you can move around.
Allows you to lock, increase and decrease vol, mute, Home, and double tap Home
Works on iPhone and iPad.
Some love it and other find it gets in the way and is annoying.
Some have also reported that enabling this sometimes prevents you screen from going into auto-lock.
I use it because I hate pressing that home button. The only time I hit the home button is to wake the phone up.

Good Luck

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 Wants

How about revising the search in the App Store to show results in a list rather than individual cards.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Double-click your home button.

I think what he's talking about like I said too is the full music player from the home screen when you double click the home button. Instead of the dinky ass forward, back, play/pause, volume. You would be able to see your whole playlist, switch to songs, etc.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
That's true. But you don't need to be on the same Apple ID.

not true you can share Reminder Lists to different Apple IDs the same for Calendars. It has to be done from either iCloud.com or from Reminders on the Mac. You open Reminders go to the list you want to share and click the little Wifi/Radar looking thing to the right of the list. Then you enter the email address @icloud.com or me.com and bam it's shared.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think That Apple has lost there ability to think of new ideas, And with that said, Android will steal the market soon...I am diehard Apple freak, but the apple ios6 update was lame.

In a thread about iOS 7 wants this has no relevance please post in another thread. KTHXBAI

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 should come already jailbroken lol!
Okay seriously, it should have the capability to control peoples' mind.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Wants

i want to see more gesture based stuff or a different way of multitasking. double clicking the home button is getting old with me.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see developer API for widgets in the notification center, slide to delete individual notifications in the notification center, better attachment handling in the email app, the ability to choose default apps, editable results with Siri like in google now, offline functionality for Siri(like offline dictation), animated icons or icons that show vital info kinda like a cross between a widget and microsoft live tiles, system wide integration with certain third party apps, a quick settings widget, status bar notifications instead of badge app icons(at least the option to switch between the two). Alas, this is all but a pipe dream :(

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I want Siri on ipad 2

This would be the perk of making some of the Siri commands local is Apple could at least bring the local commands to a bunch of models like the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. They probably wouldn't because it doesn't live up to their expectations but they could.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This would be the perk of making some of the Siri commands local is Apple could at least bring the local commands to a bunch of models like the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. They probably wouldn't because it doesn't live up to their expectations but they could.

There is no reason it shouldn't be on the ipad 2,it works great on my ipad mini

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
What I really want to see in iOS 7 is a complete OVERHAUL of iOS... A re-invention basically... This OS inspires zero passion anymore

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Since we're on the third page I thought I would go through and round up our list of wants for iOS 7 so far. It's pretty impressive :D

Lock screen items
Clock/Date toggle
Lock screen Album Art toggle
Full Music app controls
Notification Center
Answer or dismiss iMessages from the lock screen

OS items
App Icons anywhere on the home screen grid
Glass app folder icons
iDevices in AirDrop
Wifi connection to Image Capture
Thumb gesture app switcher
Local Siri Commands
Additional Do Not Disturb sets (more customization for the DnD like a M-F setting and a Sat & Su. setting for the weekend times)
Option to change lock screen camera
Full screen iPad notification center
Ability to delete native apps
the ability to turn off notifications during phone calls
AppleTV respecting the iTunes music library's "skip when shuffling" option being toggled on
Allow a 3rd party clock app active without it disrupting Do Not Disturb's functionality
Notification Center toggles for wifi, Bluetooth, and do not disturb. Toggles to be available via Siri
Ability to move not copy photos to a new album
Ability to copy an event in the calendar
Give apps permission to continue working in the background until task is done.
Live wallpapers or at least allow the background picture to change automatically
The ability to look at your previous Siri searches
Different profiles
Major enhancements to Reminders (sort in day view. Having priorities sort. Ability to set an all day reminder)
App updates icon in notification center
Would like to see weather added to iPad
walking/driving mode for Siri
small notification icons at the top taskbar
delete all" and a "select all" function for every delete option
"choose last photo taken" option when attaching images
dynamically updating homescreen icons
gesture control on the iPhone
search in the App Store to show results in a list
developer API for widgets in the notification center
slide to delete individual notifications in the notification center
better attachment handling in the email app