Why do I get notified about my wife's events on my iPhone even though she sets no alerts? Anyone her

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I are both running iOS 7.1.2 and iCloud.
We have both turned OFF Shared Calendar alerts in phones and iCloud website.

My wife's default alert times are NONE.
My default alert times are 1 DAY AHEAD.

She has shared her iCloud calendar with me privately - view only.

I have shared my iCloud calendar with her privately - view only.

Nevertheless when she adds event in her calendar, I still get notified that she added the event to her calendar. Worse even I get event notification - about her event - according to my alert settings!!

Here her event seen on her phone with no alert time:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411907333.369964.jpg

Just after she adds the event on her phone to her calendar, I still get notified like this on my phone:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411907444.261426.jpg

If I view event details of her event on my phone, you can see the event now uses my alert times and I get notified about her event:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411907561.062288.jpg

Are there anybody here using shared calendars successfully?

I can not see the benefits that I should be alerted every time my wife's appointments is due?!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't share Calendar but it seems to me that the app is working as intended. Maybe I'm confused but it seems as if that's the way it's supposed to behave.

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't see the logic in the app changing events in a read only calendar?

If you are a family of 4 and share everyone's calendars, I doubt that each person in the family is interested in getting a notification every time someone in the family has an event starting?

I want to be able to see the family members events in the calendar app but also get the reminders I want when my own events are due.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't see the logic in the app changing events in a read only calendar?

If you are a family of 4 and share everyone's calendars, I doubt that each person in the family is interested in getting a notification every time someone in the family has an event starting?

I want to be able to see the family members events in the calendar app but also get the reminders I want when my own events are due.

"Shared" is shared. It’s how it works.

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
From Apple iPhone User Guide:
?Turn off notifications for shared calendars. When someone modifies a shared calendar, you?re notified of the change. To turn off notifications for shared calendars, go to Settings*> Mail, Contacts, Calendars*> Shared Calendar Alerts.?

I have tried to use iCloud shared calendars on iOS 5, 6, 7 and 8. I wonder if they will ever make it work as described - or if they just rewrite their user guide instead some day :-(

johannajstevens

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am completely with you. I want to actively see what is on my husband's shared calendar inside the calendar app. I don't want my phone to remind me of ALL his calendar items! This is not shared -- this is overshared.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW