Official iOS 7.1.2 now available

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1.2 now available

I prepared for the OTA update but still had to do a hard reset to complete the install. No big deal but shouldn't have happened

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That's strange I got a couple of app crashes since the update

7.1.2 has been solid since updating OTA. No restrings, crashes or anything. Normally, I would have restored as new by now, but since I'll be installing iOS 8 beta 3 when it drops, I'll just wait until then to do so.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

7.1.2 has been solid since updating OTA. No restrings, crashes or anything. Normally, I would have restored as new by now, but since I'll be installing iOS 8 beta 3 when it drops, I'll just wait until then to do so.
I've gotten so lazy nowadays to restore as new. I feel like I'm still going to be on the same backup even on iOS 8 because just thinking of re-organizing my apps makes me sleepy lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten so lazy nowadays to restore as new. I feel like I'm still going to be on the same backup even on iOS 8 because just thinking of re-organizing my apps makes me sleepy lol

I hear ya...:)....That's exactly how I feel right now. I was at the pool in 90? heat with my youngest son and it has zapped all of my energy. As a kid growing up in Orlando hanging out in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Cocoa Beach, etcetera, I used to love the summer heat. I can't hang now...(laughing)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I hear ya...:)....That's exactly how I feel right now. I was at the pool in 90? heat with my youngest son and it has zapped all of my energy. As a kid growing up in Orlando hanging out in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Cocoa Beach, etcetera, I used to love the summer heat. I can't hang now...(laughing)

I know what you mean. Used to be able to sit comfortably in heat and I used to just bask in any Southern California heat wave and now it takes a lot of out of me. Just hit north of 30 years old this year so it's beginning to show itself lol

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I haven't done a restore as new since apple started iCloud backups. At least since iOS 5 anyway.

My girlfriend has never restored as new since she got her iPhone 5 on launch day. Through iOS 6 & 7 on the same backup of the same phone. I didn't think someone had gone longer than that.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I have never restored my iPhone 5 since I got it last February. I did hard reset it after iOS 7 and probably will after iOS 8 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Just updated my 5S with no issues. It seemed to me to be the fastest I ever updated. It really zipped along thankfully. Maybe apple tweaked something.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I think I'm a crazy techie. I am used to the days of flashing ROMs on my droids. I'm used to never restoring, instead only moving select stuff back on and re-downloading my apps. It was to avoid old data conflictions and soft bricking.

So the habit follows. Plus it's fun setting it up different and not bogging it down with stuff I consider useless.

I'm weird aren't I?

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

From what I've gathered, the Mac version of Pangu works on 7.1.2, but Windows does not.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I have never restored my iPhone 5 since I got it last February. I did hard reset it after iOS 7 and probably will after iOS 8 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a benefit to hard reset after update?

Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods