I guess my question, is it a big enough security fix/bug fix to be worth me re-doing all this?

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    That's up to you. I usually recommend being on the latest jailbreakable iOS version but that's me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    07-01-2014 08:53 AM
    It fixes a lock screen bypass bug, so I'd say yes.
    That's up to you. I usually recommend being on the latest jailbreakable iOS version but that's me.

Alright. I'll update it tonight. How about tweaks? This won't break them will it? I know they just started updating compatibility with 7.1.1....

07-01-2014 08:55 AM
    Alright. I'll update it tonight. How about tweaks? This won't break them will it? I know they just started updating compatibility with 7.1.1....

It shouldn't unless one of the fixes affects a tweak (which usually is never/very rare)

07-01-2014 08:56 AM
    Anyone else stuck at apple logo about 45% after 1 hr?

iPad 3 upgrading from 7.1.1 (only took like minute to download update. but has been hung on the apple screen forever)

UPDATE: after hr i did what another poster did and hard reset then when it booted it "says" the update is applied.
    You weren't the only one. Both my iPhone and my iPad got stuck. I rebooted just like you did.
    07-01-2014 09:07 AM
    It's too stable

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Just updated n rejailbroke very stable

Sent from my iPhone 5S

I think the battery is good too on iOS 7.1.1

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    "It's too stable" made me chuckle
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    07-01-2014 10:46 AM
    Hey pr1nce, yesterday I did my Mac, Air & C all in about 20 mins total...so far everything is running smoothly
    Also did the hubby's C and daugt's 4S...no complaints thus far so that's a good sign lol.

Just an FYI - I did the Air, hubby's C & kids 4S by OTA. My C was the only one I connected to iTunes via Mac this time around. Last update to .1 I did OTA on my C - performing both upgrade ways showed no diff in performance on my C.

The Air & C OTA took MAYBE 5, 8 mins tops to complete. The 4S took a little longer...maybe 10, 15mins tops.

Sent from my PINK-alicious iPad Air
    Thanks Pink!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    07-01-2014 10:51 AM
    FYI; The update automatically turns on your Bluetooth on your iPad.
    Good Luck
    I noticed that. A little weird since I never use it.
    07-01-2014 11:05 AM
    I updated both my Air and iPhone 5 OTA. no glitches and both went quickly smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-2014 11:06 AM
    Above it's stated what it fixes.Apple doesn't have a separate release note

Please it's a 23mb file... Most those fixes would file into that file size.
    I lost ALL sound after the update. Doing the backup/install new version/restore backup dance now. Grrrr. Back to Beta 2. Much less hassle, IMO.
    07-01-2014 11:24 AM
    I lost ALL sound after the update. Doing the backup/install new version/restore backup dance now. Grrrr. Back to Beta 2. Much less hassle, IMO.
    How so? Does it grey out the volume area or it just didn't work?

07-01-2014 11:56 AM
    How so? Does it grey out the volume area or it just didn't work?

Just didn’t work. Back on iOS 8 b2, and life is good again.
    07-01-2014 11:59 AM
    Just didnt work. Back on iOS 8 b2, and life is good again.
    I'm waiting on beta 3. Beta 2 just killed my iPod.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-01-2014 12:14 PM
    iPhone, iPad and Air all went well. No issues.
    07-01-2014 12:19 PM
    I prepared for the OTA update but still had to do a hard reset to complete the install. No big deal but shouldn't have happened
    07-01-2014 03:18 PM
    I'm not even jailbroken and I just got my first random re-spring since 7.0.6
    07-01-2014 08:26 PM
    I'm not even jailbroken and I just got my first random re-spring since 7.0.6
    That's strange I got a couple of app crashes since the update
    07-01-2014 08:28 PM
    That's strange I got a couple of app crashes since the update
    7.1.2 has been solid since updating OTA. No restrings, crashes or anything. Normally, I would have restored as new by now, but since I'll be installing iOS 8 beta 3 when it drops, I'll just wait until then to do so.
    kataran likes this.
    07-01-2014 08:33 PM
    7.1.2 has been solid since updating OTA. No restrings, crashes or anything. Normally, I would have restored as new by now, but since I'll be installing iOS 8 beta 3 when it drops, I'll just wait until then to do so.
    I've gotten so lazy nowadays to restore as new. I feel like I'm still going to be on the same backup even on iOS 8 because just thinking of re-organizing my apps makes me sleepy lol
    Just_Me_D, kataran and ladyc0524 like this.
    07-01-2014 08:44 PM
    I've gotten so lazy nowadays to restore as new. I feel like I'm still going to be on the same backup even on iOS 8 because just thinking of re-organizing my apps makes me sleepy lol
    I hear ya.......That's exactly how I feel right now. I was at the pool in 90 heat with my youngest son and it has zapped all of my energy. As a kid growing up in Orlando hanging out in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Cocoa Beach, etcetera, I used to love the summer heat. I can't hang now...(laughing)
    kataran and pr1nce like this.
    07-01-2014 08:50 PM
    I hear ya.......That's exactly how I feel right now. I was at the pool in 90 heat with my youngest son and it has zapped all of my energy. As a kid growing up in Orlando hanging out in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Cocoa Beach, etcetera, I used to love the summer heat. I can't hang now...(laughing)
    I know what you mean. Used to be able to sit comfortably in heat and I used to just bask in any Southern California heat wave and now it takes a lot of out of me. Just hit north of 30 years old this year so it's beginning to show itself lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-01-2014 08:56 PM
    Battery life is worse on iPhone 5S & iPad2.
    Good Luck
    07-01-2014 08:58 PM
    I haven't done a restore as new since apple started iCloud backups. At least since iOS 5 anyway.
    BreakingKayfabe and kataran like this.
    07-01-2014 09:07 PM
    I haven't done a restore as new since apple started iCloud backups. At least since iOS 5 anyway.
    Wow. I'm exactly the opposite. I always set up as new...

Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-01-2014 09:31 PM
    My girlfriend has never restored as new since she got her iPhone 5 on launch day. Through iOS 6 & 7 on the same backup of the same phone. I didn't think someone had gone longer than that.
    kataran likes this.
    07-01-2014 09:33 PM
    My girlfriend has never restored as new since she got her iPhone 5 on launch day. Through iOS 6 & 7 on the same backup of the same phone. I didn't think someone had gone longer than that.
    Neither have I since 6.1.2
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    07-01-2014 09:47 PM
96 1234