My Photo Stream Turns Itself On

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
On my 5s, "My Photo Stream" keeps turning itself on. I do have a "Shared Photo Stream" which is on and working, but I wonder why I must constantly turn off the regular stream within the iCloud Settings menu.

Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
On my 5s, "My Photo Stream" keeps turning itself on. I do have a "Shared Photo Stream" which is on and working, but I wonder why I must constantly turn off the regular stream within the iCloud Settings menu.

Anyone else experience this?

The "share photo stream" which you enable in the settings>photo&camera> photo sharing work together with the settings of photo which you find in settings>icloud>photo.
This means that enabling photo sharing will automatically enable photo sharing in icloud settings.
It's not a bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402263247.184468.jpg this is iCloud Settings

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402263271.867456.jpg this is Photos Settings

Either way, "My Photo Stream" keeps turning itself back on. My 4s running iOS 6 does not do this.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I see, but the pictures show that photo stream are off at both sides, so you mean that the one in icloud will turn it self on randomly? If yes then it's a bug. It shouldn't turn on by it's own in icloud if you didn't enable it in photo setting.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It sporadically turns itself on. I can turn it off and it will be days before I notice the Stream within the Albums section of the Photos App. Other times, I will turn off, and within minutes it's back on.

Last edited:

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
A bug certainly. At that point, I would disable photo sharing and enable it only when needed in hope that once photo sharing is disable, photo stream will not activate randomly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner