How often do you clear the multitasking?

icedbullet

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I clear mine away after I have finished using that app. I rarely leave apps open except whatsapp and whatever music app I am using at the time.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Close them when I notice any lag and want to try to help the os along with making things roll along smoothly. I have noticed a difference when not closed bs let em build up over the course of a week.

kazza295

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I never close them unless they stop working and I need to restart it. I rarely reboot it either and I get pretty good battery life

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I never close them unless they stop working and I need to restart it. I rarely reboot it either and I get pretty good battery life

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

I am in the same boat here. I don't see a need to close apps unless they are acting up or stop working.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, if clearing the tray is detrimental to the phones performance and battery life and if the phone manages the RAM automatically I wonder why Apple even included the option to close apps. Seems it would have been better to eliminate that all together.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, if clearing the tray is detrimental to the phones performance and battery life and if the phone manages the RAM automatically I wonder why Apple even included the option to close apps. Seems it would have been better to eliminate that all together.

So, if for some no good reason, an app becomes unresponsive, a user can close an app right from the app switcher.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Never. I did when I just got my iPhone (came from Android) but I don't notice performance issues now I stopped doing so.