How can I change my device login?

himmatsj

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I was wondering, how can I change my device ID? You know, the email address with which you sign into your device for the very first time?

I am not talking about the iTunes Appstore login, I am specifically talking about the account your device is tied to.

Need to change this because another device of mine has a different ID and iCloud isn't syncing between them (iCloud needs same device ID and same iCloud ID to work).

Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I was wondering, how can I change my device ID? You know, the email address with which you sign into your device for the very first time?

I am not talking about the iTunes Appstore login, I am specifically talking about the account your device is tied to.

Need to change this because another device of mine has a different ID and iCloud isn't syncing between them (iCloud needs same device ID and same iCloud ID to work).

Thanks!
The account you're device is tied to is your Apple ID. In most cases it's the same as the iTunes ID. Your 2 devices should share the same Apple ID. That way the devices share the same apps, music and etc. The iCloud ID can be different. The advantage to the 2 devices having a different iCloud ID is they each get 5 gb of free storage. So that's 10 gb total. If they share the same iCloud ID, then they share 5 gb of storage. If that's what you want, then go to the settings in the device you want to change and go to iCloud>Delete account. After you delete the account, create a new account using the same email ID and password used on the other device. If your iTunes ID is different, I would make them the same first. Hope this helps.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

himmatsj

May 5, 2014
Visit site
No, that's not what I am talking about.

Specifically, the first time ever you sign into a device, it asks for a login ID. That login ID is attached to your device and I don't seem to be able to change it. Do you or anyone else know how? (I am not talking about the other IDs like Itunes, Icloud and GameCentre which can indeed be changed).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Specifically, the first time ever you sign into a device, it asks for a login ID. That login ID is attached to your device and I don't seem to be able to change it. Do you or anyone else know how? (I am not talking about the other IDs like Itunes, Icloud and GameCentre which can indeed be changed).

Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There is no such thing. It's the Apple ID. Most also use it for iTunes and iCloud, messages and FaceTime. But there is no device ID other than that.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2