Hi guys,

I used to have an iPad 2. I used it the most, but occasionally I shared it with my family as well.

As such, there were multiple iTunes Appstore accounts used on the device, two Gamecentre accounts but just the one iCloud account that was the same as the account the device was originally registered with.

Thing is, I bought my games with another personal iTunes account down the line. And additionally, iCloud was not enabled until very recently.

Now, I have two questions I hope you can help answer.

1) The games get backup to which account - original device account, iCloud account, GameCentre account or iTunes Appstore account with which the purchase was made?

2) How do the backuping up of apps and games data work? Are they automatic in any way, or must they be manually done?

Thanks!
    05-05-2014 01:17 AM
    Hi guys,

I used to have an iPad 2. I used it the most, but occasionally I shared it with my family as well.

As such, there were multiple iTunes Appstore accounts used on the device, two Gamecentre accounts but just the one iCloud account that was the same as the account the device was originally registered with.

Thing is, I bought my games with another personal iTunes account down the line. And additionally, iCloud was not enabled until very recently.

Now, I have two questions I hope you can help answer.

1) The games get backup to which account - original device account, iCloud account, GameCentre account or iTunes Appstore account with which the purchase was made?
    The apps / games themselves does not get backed up - only the data from them, and unless I'm mistaken, whatever account the backup is saved via iCloud or iTunes depending on which was chosen at the time of the backup.

2) How do the backuping up of apps and games data work? Are they automatic in any way, or must they be manually done?

Thanks!
    If you have iCloud backup enabled, the backup with initiate automatically at various times. Anyway, the information via the following links should be helpful to you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4946

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview
    05-05-2014 05:03 AM