I've got my iCloud email, Hotmail email & Outlook email all setup in Email. I've got my Hotmail email setup as the default Email account, but every time I open email it opens my iCloud email.

Does anyone know how to fix this without resorting to turning off iCloud email in Settings?

Roland

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-23-2014 09:46 AM
    All you selecting "All Inboxes?" or one seperately?
    04-23-2014 09:51 AM
    I know what you mean. I also have another email account setup as the default. If I close the mail app and relaunch it, it automatically takes me to the inbox of my icloud account. I think it's by design. Why? I don't know. The default email setup basically works so that it is the default email when you quick compose an email.
    04-23-2014 06:39 PM
    I've got my iCloud email, Hotmail email & Outlook email all setup in Email. I've got my Hotmail email setup as the default Email account, but every time I open email it opens my iCloud email.

Does anyone know how to fix this without resorting to turning off iCloud email in Settings?

Roland

Strange when I had gmail setup and icould I never had this issue. Is the other email setup as the default I'm every section in settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 11:26 PM
    I have 4 gmail, 1 Comcast, and 1 iCloud. The first gmail I set up is the default. But I have switched the default from one to another, then back.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    04-23-2014 11:41 PM

Roland

When you open to iCloud, do you close the mail app there, or do you switch to your default before closing the app? Mine opens to whichever I last had it on.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    04-23-2014 11:46 PM
    In the Mail app on the Inboxes/Accounts listing screen, hit Edit in the Top right, and then arrange the Accounts at the bottom. Whichever one is at the top is the one that will open first (if the Mail app is quit). This is what I do and it works.
    04-24-2014 08:23 PM
    In the Mail app on the Inboxes/Accounts listing screen, hit Edit in the Top right, and then arrange the Accounts at the bottom. Whichever one is at the top is the one that will open first (if the Mail app is quit). This is what I do and it works.
    Exactly....
    04-24-2014 09:48 PM
    Any thoughts on how to change this on iOS 9? I tried the fix mentioned and my Juno account is listed first in the mail app yet it still starts with the iCloud account.
    10-07-2015 08:39 PM
    Odd. Mine opens on whichever account it last closed on.
    10-07-2015 10:10 PM
    Any thoughts on how to change this on iOS 9? I tried the fix mentioned and my Juno account is listed first in the mail app yet it still starts with the iCloud account.
    Do you mean when you open the mail app, it opens on iCloud, not Juno? Is Juno your default?
    10-07-2015 10:12 PM
    You are the man... so may struggling with this and the solution is move mailbox priority up... thats is...
    thanks ...
    04-28-2016 05:12 PM