iOS 7.1.1 Available now

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just started getting really good battery life on my iPhones after a few days of usage with the new update. It seems to be topping previous mediocre times where I only managed to get through three-quarters of a day, now I get a full day with 30 percent left over, which is a significant increase.

Exactly I've been noticing that too. Maybe it fixed a bug that was wasting power.

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1398906856.257522.jpg The battery gets better and better. This is with somewhat heavy usage on wifi+3G, with locations turned on, background app refresh is turned on, parallax is turned on also... Impressed.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
mines getting worse and worse! last night... 28%. I turned it off.... this am? DEAD. I had messages and email open when i turned it off... how can it die/lose 28% while its off??

How can I go back to 7.1.0?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
mines getting worse and worse! last night... 28%. I turned it off.... this am? DEAD. I had messages and email open when i turned it off... how can it die/lose 28% while its off??

You can't, Apple closed the signing window for iOS 7.1 yesterday or the day before.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
nothing is wrong with it. it has a new battery and had ZERO issues... i didnt have to charge it for 2 days on average... i think its an app doing it. something isnt behaving well with 7.1.1 that worked fine with 7.1

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Check which apps are allowed in Settings>General>Background App Refresh

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

How did you update? If OTA - I'd suggest backing up in iTunes and do a full restore via iTunes and see if that helps things. If you do a full restore and still have issues - then explore options with the Genius Bar.

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
''iphone has been plugged in'' :D
Yes, to transfer some music from iTunes. If you're alluding that I'm lying thats rude. :)
There is another screenshot I've posted earlier and you can see there the iPhone was not plugged in. Here is another screenshot from the other day where the iPhone has not been plugged in either.
The battery is still great, thanks Apple! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400258982.041745.jpg

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
well it's normal observation if we can see that the iPhone has been plugged in, no hard feelings^^

anyway, you have pretty decent battery life, I also had 10hours usage but before 7.1.1, now maybe 9 hours. Did you restored your iPhone with 7.1.1 or just updated?

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
well it's normal observation if we can see that the iPhone has been plugged in, no hard feelings^^

anyway, you have pretty decent battery life, I also had 10hours usage but before 7.1.1, now maybe 9 hours. Did you restored your iPhone with 7.1.1 or just updated?

I didn't update via iTunes at all. The battery was great even on my iPhone 5 after 7.1.1 and when I bought the 5S I updated instantly via settings. Now, this is a brand new phone so I guess thats why the battery is in its prime effect. I'll have to see if this will be the case in several months from now.

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner