iOS 7.1.1 Available now

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Siri cannot create a new one, also can't create a new one from the app itself. Says new item and when I tap on the page to create doesnt respond.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I can type in the search bar, but since I have no others there is nothing to search. Clock icon brings up another page in which I can't do anything.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri cannot create a new one, also can't create a new one from the app itself. Says new item and when I tap on the page to create doesnt respond.

Let's stet with the basics.
1. Reboot your iPhone.
2. Initiate the native Reminders app.
3. Tap on the Reminders tab if it's not already loaded.
4. Tap on the screen to create a reminder. You should see a blinking cursor next to an empty circle.
5. Type in a reminder and then select "Done" in the upper right corner of the display. If you need to add a time, etcetera, tap on the circled i icon BEFORE tapping on "Done".

I can type in the search bar, but since I have no others there is nothing to search. Clock icon brings up another page in which I can't do anything.

If you don't have any reminders listed then you won't get any hits via a spotlight search. In regard to the 'Clock icon bringing up another page' in which you can't do anything, you've lost me. If you're referring to the alarm clock icon from within the Reminders app, that only displays scheduled reminders/tasks. Again, if you don't have any set then there won't be anything to display.

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
te9y4e4e.jpg

This is the page I'm getting now. Had the one with the colored bullets the other day. Something's very different.

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
From that page I can only tap on the clock, which brings me to the "Scheduled" page. I cannot create a new one from there. I can only tap on the word scheduled and it brings me back to the new list page.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/27/te9y4e4e.jpg
This is the page I'm getting now. Had the one with the colored bullets the other day. Something's very different.

Somehow your lists got deleted. Anyway, tap on the + sign and then type in Reminders. Select the + sign again and then type in Things To Do. Do the same for each list you'd like to create.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my iPod Touch and it made me enter a passcode same as what happened to my iPhone. I think the same happened when I updated to iOS 7.1. I also noticed that Siri was turned off both times. Same thing happen to anyone else.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my iPod Touch and it made me enter a passcode same as what happened to my iPhone. I think the same happened when I updated to iOS 7.1. I also noticed that Siri was turned off both times. Same thing happen to anyone else.

I don't have a passcode set on my iPhone so I wasn't asked.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It's only supposed to happen if you have a passcode set.

I don't see the point of entering in your passcode to update your phone when you have to enter it in again when it's done updating to access the phone anyways...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point of entering in your passcode to update your phone when you have to enter it in again when it's done updating to access the phone anyways...

I don't see the big deal with it....in my opinion. It's only 4 numbers. Not like it's asking you to write a thesis on biochemical engineering. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Installed on my i5 and iPad Mini w/Retina last week. Battery life has definitely improved on the 5, haven't really noticed a change to battery life on the Mini.

Only issues are my "other" on the phone is up to 2.21 GB with as much deleted as possible and a soft reset. Also, I now have about 40 songs downloaded to both devices (same songs on each) when I change settings to show all music off. Before 7.1.1, these were only available via iTunes Match and I had no music stored on either device. The swipe to delete feature is no long available for the songs on the phone or mini.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the big deal with it....in my opinion. It's only 4 numbers. Not like it's asking you to write a thesis on biochemical engineering. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

It just seems so redundant to me...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just started getting really good battery life on my iPhones after a few days of usage with the new update. It seems to be topping previous mediocre times where I only managed to get through three-quarters of a day, now I get a full day with 30 percent left over, which is a significant increase.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73