iMessage not syncing ( consistent ) on my iPad and iPhone

tomden

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have received iMessages on both my ipad2 and iPhone 5S that have not appeared on the other device , they are set up with the same email and phone no. Some videos have not shown up on either even though I confirmed that they were successfully sent.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On the iPad2, in Messages, you should have no email accounts listed under the Apple ID. Only the phone number should show.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

tomden

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
On my iPad 2 it shows 2 emails my iCloud and my main email as my iPhone has the same 2 emails plus my phone no.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
On the iPad2, in Messages, you should have no email accounts listed under the Apple ID. Only the phone number should show.
Sent from from my iPhone 5

Tks Ledsteplin,
This probably explains why iMessages aren't always in sync between my iPhone, iPad & especially my MacBook Air.
I had an email address included.
Good Luck

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This happens to me as well. I have an iPad and a MacBook. And the messages don't sync very consistently.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks Ledsteplin,
This probably explains why iMessages aren't always in sync between my iPhone, iPad & especially my MacBook Air.
I had an email address included.
Good Luck

Well that didn't help. The deletion of iMessages aren't consistently syncing across all devices.
I deleted several iMessages that were appearing on all devices, then I deleted them from my MacBook Air, but there were still appearing on my iPad and iPhone.
Good Luck

maemer

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
On my iPad2 and iPhone 5: On the Send & Receive...I have same 3 things...3 addresses
1) my cell phone #
2) my iCloud email address
3) my regular email address

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods