What Is Your Overall Opinion Of IOS 7.1?

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 4 last night- so far it seems smoother and less jerky than previous ios7 incarnations. All good thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok but my battery life is downright AWFUL. The standby drain and usage drain is much much worse than with previous versions. Makes me wish I wouldn't have updated.

Same here. I have GPS off on everything but Find My iPhone, I NEVER use BT, I almost never use WIFI, I made sure everything was off that didn't need to be on. And it's still draining like crazy. The first day after I let it die and fully charged it it was fine, but since then, within 1 minute of taking it off the charger, it's already bleeding. Even on airplane mode.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Try disabling ALL location services, including find my phone, and see if that makes a difference in a day or so.

0rbital  Halcyon

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I was hoping they would address the syncing of Notifications between devices so we wouldn't have to delete them on each device.

Good Luck

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I do find the keyboard difficult after the accuracy and efficiency of my Android options. You've got so many different keyboards to choose from too.

Speaking of jailbreak, I finally found iSwipe for my 5s. It's not incredibly accurate but when I'm in a hurry, it's useful.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Omg I've been waiting for this for years!! Thank you for mentioning it

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Me too. Ridiculous that we have to check them off more than once. :(

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
Chrysalis,
This feature was announced last June during their big show that announced iOS7 and new OS for Macs
It is a PITA to delete on all devices.
Good Luck

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
With respect to the changes made I don't recognize enough of a difference to say either way. I mean I hear claims about apps opening and closing faster, but how much faster can you get? I guess I'm happier with the confidence that security and bug issues were addressed and am more looking forward to iOS8 for actual noticeable changes.

Then again maybe I just don't care about things like slide to answer or round versus box buttons. I don't know, just as happy with 7.1 as 7.0.6, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
With respect to the changes made I don't recognize enough of a difference to say either way. I mean I hear claims about apps opening and closing faster, but how much faster can you get? I guess I'm happier with the confidence that security and bug issues were addressed and am more looking forward to iOS8 for actual noticeable changes.

Then again maybe I just don't care about things like slide to answer or round versus box buttons. I don't know, just as happy with 7.1 as 7.0.6, etc.

Heresy!

4 of IV

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Heresy!

4 of IV

Lol...there's more to the story though. My company issues BlackBerry's and we've always been able to use them for personal use as well, but I've always opted to carry a second phone to keep things separate. So I have Q10 on BES that I use for work.

I got a Gold 5s on launch day and then after a few days sold it for a pretty penny. I only recently got this 5s about 2 weeks ago. So I never really got use to 7.0.6 before upgrading to 7.1 so I really don't have a baseline for comparison. I love the phone and 7.1, just simply don't see the difference cause did not have 7.0.6 long enough for a true comparison.

zidan25

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
For me, more beautiful transitions going in and out of apps and some additional options to choose from for personalization are better. Though battery life seems unhealthier (for me) from the last version 7.0.6 really! I have the same usage of apps, connectivity, media, etc that's why i can tell significant change with the battery juice.

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving iOS 7.1! It's a huge step up from iOS 7-7.0.6. The thing that really impresses me the most is the overall speed of the OS, it's just so much faster that I'm going to say it's right there with iOS 6 speeds again.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I like 7.1 just fine but had not one problem with 7.0.x on any of four iGadgets, no resprings or any of that other funny business.

3 f IV

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I love it. Everything is snappier and haven't really noticed any new problems and seems to have fixed any of the old ones that I had. I can't really think of many though just apps closing and touch id not working as good as it should've.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2