Anyone else having this? You wake it up, open an app or try to do something in an app, the whole phone freezes for 20 seconds or so. Home button doesn't work. Then it comes back alive.

Noticed on multiple apps. Worked just fine with beta 5. Upgraded via over-the-air from beta 5.

Meow.
    03-12-2014 02:41 PM
    First of all Welcome to iMore

It seems you might have gotten a bad install it shouldn't be doing that I haven't experienced this at all

Try a simple reboot and if it persists do a full Restore via iTunes that should do it

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    03-12-2014 02:57 PM
    Anyone else having this? You wake it up, open an app or try to do something in an app, the whole phone freezes for 20 seconds or so. Home button doesn't work. Then it comes back alive.

Noticed on multiple apps. Worked just fine with beta 5. Upgraded via over-the-air from beta 5.

Meow.
    I have yet to experience any of these problems. I would backup your phone and restore via iTunes. Also which device are you on?
    03-12-2014 02:57 PM
    Thanks, guys. I'm on iPhone 5S, Verizon. Also a developer, so technical feedback welcome.

I'll do a restore and see

Here are some crash logs. I notice that the AWDD one, whatever it is, is 1-to-1 with Google Maps ones (b/c I'm using GMaps a ton).

Google Maps

Sunrise

Y! Weather

AWDD

PS: iMore peeps, when I go to Insert Image, then URL, and have "retrieve remote file" checkbox checked, it doesn't work for flickr images, says Error: Invalid File or something. Code shouldn't always expect a file extension :P FYI.
    03-12-2014 03:25 PM
    I updated my iPod Touch 5 gen, March 19, 2014 and my ipod kept cycling through the apple screen and a black screen, that kept going for 12 hours until I could do a complete restore. I have restored that iPod at least 7 times and it would freeze up around the 25 to 30 g area (of 64g). Then it would cycle through the apple screen, the black screen, the slide screen and once in awhile it would show the lock screen.

My iPod was still under my best buy protection plan so I returned it. Now the new one I have have to restore 3 times and it cycled through the same screens at the approximate area. So I am now trying from an older back up. If that doesn't work then I will try starting with the apps that I'm trying to install when it crashes. If that doesn't work then I'm returning the ipod and starting with a 3rd one.

I have a system of how I restore apps, first I restore everything but the photo and game apps, then the photo apps, and last the game apps. I install around 150 to 230 or so at a time.

Can anyone help me with this? To me ios 7.1 has killed 2 iPods. The first one worked perfectly before the update.

Please help I'm so very frustrated.
    03-27-2014 01:44 PM