iOS 7.1...How's your battery life?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My battery life on my 5S is awful. Before it was hard to make it a full day, but now it's downright impossible without needing charged at least once during the day. Not sure what happened to make the battery life so much worse, but it makes me wish I wouldn't have updated. Apple needs to start putting much larger batteries in their phones and maybe that will help somewhat, but geese I guess I got lucky in the past and never had battery issues with previous iPhones and updates until the 5S.

Location services or Bluetooth enabled? Low network signal? My 5s' are just over 2 months old but the battery life is fine.

Halcyon  0rbital

rbeisaw3

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Battery life not good at all. It's always been great for me on any previous version. After unplugging in the morning it drops to 97-95 within 5-10 mins without even using it!!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
From whichever iOS was on my i4 when I initially made the switch to iOS to now 7.1 on my i5 my battery life has been the same. Maybe not statistically but practically. It gets me from off the charger prior to work all the way through my work day and into the evening (unless i'm pounding on it) each and every day. And on weekends, I can typically only charge to full once and I'm golden. That's all that i can ask for! I think a major factor in that is the fact that for all intents and purposes, iOS devices are tools available when you need them. The best standby time in the business!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I unplugged my 5s around noon on Saturday. Last night when I plugged it in, almost 36 hours later, it was at 54%.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been awful since I had to restore my 5 after the initial 7.1 update. Waiting for usage to settle down but after a couple days it hasn't.
Heavy usage has been killing it in just 3 hours usage total. I normally see 5 hours usage by the time I'm at 30%.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been a little worse so far. Before updating I could take my iPhone 5 off the charger, put it on Do Not Disturb, & go to bed & when I woke up it would still be on 100%. Now when I do the same thing, having changed nothing but the OS, I wake up to 98%. Big deal? No. But it lets me know that things have definitely changed. I still make it thru the day without having to plug it in (which I could never do on my BlackBerry 😉) so no complaints - just an observation. 😄

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
utu7e4a3.jpg
juzu9e9a.jpg

Battery seems getting better after force reboot.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
What would you say your usage was like during this time? Light? Moderate? Heavy?

via the tablet

During the 3/4 hours I was surfing the web playing games here and there such as cut the rope, listening to music and taking a few pics.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The battery definitely have improved. Before I go half a day on 7.0 with medium use but now I last a full day and I think that's worth a praise. Still, I do have some problems with it like no more full caller id picture during phone calls. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I do not turn off features or lower power demands in an effort to save battery. About the only power-dragging item I do not have on is Bluetooth, if only because I don't use it enough. To my mind, if you have to disable / lower expectations of the functionality of the smartphone, why bother having the device in the first place?

For my part on a daily basis, I use my device for checking and replying to email, opening various news apps, check Facebook, a couple of short calls (and that's a combo of wi-fi and data) - and with that, if I unplug with a full charge at 8am, it's pretty much done by 5pm.

Now granted, we're talking about a three year old iPhone 4 here, running the most recent iOS - so the battery is probably suffering from old age and certainly isn't holding the charge it once did - but I've never noted an appreciable uptick in battery life from one iOS upgrade to another.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro