iOS 7.1...How's your battery life?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This is on my iPhone 5. I used to get around 10 hours before iOS7. I hardly ever made it to 8 with iOS 7.0.x.

Although it's too soon but seems like 7.1 has improved the battery life on mine.

eje3u6et.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's either the same as before or slightly better, but I've always gotten good battery life with my iPhones...:)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
asehudyq.jpg

Back to awesome battery life! Didn't even come close to this with my JB on 7.0.6.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Did a clean install last night, and did not reinstall my Bluetooth accessories. Battery looks similar to yesterday. It must be the place where I work I can't figure out what else could cause the numbers I get. Or maybe I expect too much. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394724519.567355.jpg

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Subjectively my battery life doesn't feel like its changed but I had no problems with battery life on 7.0.6.

0rbital  Halcyon

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Never understood posting screenshots of battery stats. They really are meaningless unless you also provide an accompanying breakdown of what you were doing during your usage time, what type of internet connection you were using, the quality of your cellular connection, screen brightness, etc.

I could just turn on spotify, turn the screen off, and stream over wifi....and subsequently post a screenshot that shows I got 12 hours of usage. I could then jack up the brightness and stream youtube videos over a weak 3G network and post a screenshot of 3 hours. If I didn't tell you what I was doing during each one, you'd think my phone was faulty.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I was on LTE (which it shows in the screenshot) just doing general usage. Browsing, messaging.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Never understood posting screenshots of battery stats. They really are meaningless unless you also provide an accompanying breakdown of what you were doing during your usage time, what type of internet connection you were using, the quality of your cellular connection, screen brightness, etc.

I could just turn on spotify, turn the screen off, and stream over wifi....and subsequently post a screenshot that shows I got 12 hours of usage. I could then jack up the brightness and stream youtube videos over a weak 3G network and post a screenshot of 3 hours. If I didn't tell you what I was doing during each one, you'd think my phone was faulty.

It's always the same usage for me, music listening, web browsing, instant messaging, phone calls.

I thought it should be an average kind of day for anyone else.

Make no mistake though, I am convinced battery life has increased much this time round.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery life on my 5S is awful. Before it was hard to make it a full day, but now it's downright impossible without needing charged at least once during the day. Not sure what happened to make the battery life so much worse, but it makes me wish I wouldn't have updated. Apple needs to start putting much larger batteries in their phones and maybe that will help somewhat, but geese I guess I got lucky in the past and never had battery issues with previous iPhones and updates until the 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73