iOS 7.1 bugs and other oddities

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their GPS seems to stay on all the time? I've closed down all apps and its still on?!?

Do you have Yahoo Weather installed? Have it set to check your current location? That was the culprit for me when I noticed the GPS/location services icon on more than it was before... I turned off Current Location in the Yahoo app - GPS icon went away.

That has been the case for me when using apps like Perfect Weather. However often you have the app set to refresh, the icon stays there for about 15 minutes and goes away on its own.

frifred

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that after the 7.1 update on my iPad 4 that videos, mostly YouTube ,within my Facebook news feed no longer have sound. I do not have any sound issues with the YouTube app itself.

Also, with 7.1, the dark keyboard is no longer an option. Not critical, obviously, but annoying that they would actually remove a small thing like that.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
-I've had a lot of app freeze/lag. I notice it happening sometimes when I press an app to open. It lightens to acknowledge the touch and then remains in that state for a time before finally opening if it opens at all.

- accelerometer sometimes is unresponsive when changing phone orientation.

- apps freeze when reopening. Mostly notice this in Safari. I open the app and can't scroll the page for a few seconds. Can't even close with home button.

-sometimes have to press home button twice to close an app.

These are a few of the bugs I've noticed.

Try a hard reset before you do a Factory Data Restore (the drastic solution) ... Press and hold the power and home button at the same time until the apple shows up. Let go. This will solve a lot or weirdness, particularly after a new operating system is installed. It should be mandatory after everything is installed.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
-I've had a lot of app freeze/lag. I notice it happening sometimes when I press an app to open. It lightens to acknowledge the touch and then remains in that state for a time before finally opening if it opens at all.

- accelerometer sometimes is unresponsive when changing phone orientation.

- apps freeze when reopening. Mostly notice this in Safari. I open the app and can't scroll the page for a few seconds. Can't even close with home button.

-sometimes have to press home button twice to close an app.

These are a few of the bugs I've noticed.

So twice I've noticed now on my 5C that the slide to unlock wouldn't go all the way during a slide, thus not unlocking the phone. The only fix I was able to find was power down and reboot. Anyone else notice this?

Sounds like you need a clean restore. I would recommend taking screenshots of your app placement on home screens, backing up your phone and restoring it and setting it up as new, not restoring from backup. This generally clears up issues from software conflicts carried over in the settings and files in the old backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Running very well on my iPhone 5, iPad Air, also my partners iPhone 5 & iPad 2. Loving the better performance.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with apple. Why they remove exciting features when release of a new update.
I'm talking about full screen caller image. It used to show the photo of the person on the incoming call screen. So you know who is calling at a glance. People seem to enjoy that very much. But after 7.1 update it's only a tiny circle.

Using iPhones for 1.5 years, but never thought I would have to jailbreak. But now I think it's high time jailbreak my device cos of this continuous harassment.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This frustration is wide spread it was a bad move on Apple's part to not at least give it's users the option on Contact Photos

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a memory issue with 7.1 for 1 photo it has used 210 mb of memory.
daqadyne.jpg
yje4ehy4.jpg

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday when I was on "reminders" stock app, suddenly a black screen appeared. I pressed the the home button and it minimized. But again when I open the reminders, it came again. Then restarted the phone and so far it didn't appear.

MaHoNeY

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My Siri isn't working the way the update describes. I would love for it to work properly since I do use Siri a lot. Has anyone seen this?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I have noticed is that I cannot see who is calling me when I am already on the phone and another call comes in. I hear the beeping that there is another call and the only way for me to find out who it is is to answer the call and ask.

If I don't pick up, there is no number in my recent calls list and no way to find out who called.

My wife says she had a similar problem with her verizon iPhone 4s when it was running iOS 6 but that it went away after she upgraded to the first iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their GPS seems to stay on all the time? I've closed down all apps and its still on?!?

It was the "Apple Store" app that was doing to me. I shut location services off for that app and the GPS Geofencing icon goes away, turn it back on and the Geofencing icon returns.

HR_004

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with apple. Why they remove exciting features when release of a new update.
I'm talking about full screen caller image. It used to show the photo of the person on the incoming call screen. So you know who is calling at a glance. People seem to enjoy that very much. But after 7.1 update it's only a tiny circle.

Using iPhones for 1.5 years, but never thought I would have to jailbreak. But now I think it's high time jailbreak my device cos of this continuous harassment.

This my biggest complaint about the update. For those of you who take the time to put a good picture of your friends or family on your contacts I know you feel the pain as well.

ichgeheinskino

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah...Wth?! i want my caller id Photos back as big or let me have an option for big/small circle thingy ...i want to see who is calling i've been using iphone since the release of the iphone 4 and one of the best feature of iphone is gone with that ios 7.1 update...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73