It is possible that the .ipsw file for 7.1 is corrupted. Locate the file and move it to your trashbin prior to following the above instructions. Doing so will guarantee that iTunes download and install a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.
    Where is the file ipsw found ? I will remove it to be sure of a fresh install.

Thanks
    04-06-2014 12:20 AM
    Where is the file ipsw found ? I will remove it to be sure of a fresh install.

Thanks
    If you have a Mac, it is located here: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

If you have a Windows PC, it should be located here: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

[NOTE]I *assume* it is the same for Windows 8, but I'm not certain. [/NOTE]
    04-06-2014 10:17 AM
    If you have a Mac, it is located here: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

If you have a Windows PC, it should be located here: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

[NOTE]I *assume* it is the same for Windows 8, but I'm not certain. [/NOTE]

Ok thanks for the info
    04-07-2014 01:39 AM
    I did a reset of the phone using DFU mode. So far so good but now daughters 4s is doing the same thing so I will be working on it this evening.

Thanks for the info and help.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-08-2014 12:53 AM
    Did the reset and so far so good everything seems to be work like it should.
    Now for my daughters 4s it's doing the samething.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-08-2014 11:39 PM
    I recommend you put your iPhone in DFU Mode, connect it to iTunes and restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device and not from a backup. Of course, make a backup up your device FIRST!, and off load any important picture, videos and music that were not purchased through iTunes.
    I restored it as new and it's fine now. The problem was that I didn't update via iTunes...
    Thanks however!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:08 PM
    I restored it as new and it's fine now. The problem was that I didn't updated via iTunes...
    Thanks however!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    You're very welcome...
    04-16-2014 08:09 PM
    Hello. Back to the same problem as before on iPhone 4s. iOS 7.1. Contact wiped and notes gone on device. Icloud keep shutting off by it self. I have done all the resets listed above. DFU mode reset. I can't figure out what's going on with this phone. I have noticed now that my 5c is now starting to to the same thing from time to time. Any one have any other possible ideas as to what's going on?
    06-17-2014 09:22 PM
    Try a hard reset before you do a Factory Data Restore (the drastic solution) ... Press and hold the power and home button at the same time until the apple shows up. Let go. This will solve a lot or weirdness, particularly after a new operating system is installed. It should be mandatory after everything is installed.
    Unfortunately, that didn't fix my scrolling issue. Thanks for sharing this info though.
    07-16-2014 08:52 AM
84 ... 234