iOS 7.1 bugs and other oddities

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So twice I've noticed now on my 5C that the slide to unlock wouldn't go all the way during a slide, thus not unlocking the phone. The only fix I was able to find was power down and reboot. Anyone else notice this?

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Some times I have to press the home button twice to unlock. But Touch ID recognition seem to be improved.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
So twice I've noticed now on my 5C that the slide to unlock wouldn't go all the way during a slide, thus not unlocking the phone. The only fix I was able to find was power down and reboot. Anyone else notice this?

Haven't noticed that on my 5S
Good Luck

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
-I've had a lot of app freeze/lag. I notice it happening sometimes when I press an app to open. It lightens to acknowledge the touch and then remains in that state for a time before finally opening if it opens at all.

- accelerometer sometimes is unresponsive when changing phone orientation.

- apps freeze when reopening. Mostly notice this in Safari. I open the app and can't scroll the page for a few seconds. Can't even close with home button.

-sometimes have to press home button twice to close an app.

These are a few of the bugs I've noticed.

jimhaw

May 5, 2013
Visit site
After updating I have noticed a blue band about 1.9 cm thick running horizontally, back and forth, across the screen of my iPad Air. I've seen this when playing Infinity Blade III and Injustice. The blue band also appears briefly when I used Mail app, Safari and when reading PDFs in GoodReader. Restarted the iPad Air twice. Still persists. No issues on the iPhone 5s though.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
-I've had a lot of app freeze/lag. I notice it happening sometimes when I press an app to open. It lightens to acknowledge the touch and then remains in that state for a time before finally opening if it opens at all.

- accelerometer sometimes is unresponsive when changing phone orientation.

- apps freeze when reopening. Mostly notice this in Safari. I open the app and can't scroll the page for a few seconds. Can't even close with home button.

-sometimes have to press home button twice to close an app.

These are a few of the bugs I've noticed.

Do a factory reset,see if it helps and chances are it will definitely help :)

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues sending SMS messages from my iPhone 4S to my wife who is also using an iPhone 4S I can only iMessage here but she can iMessage and SMS me. I'm fully able to SMS none iPhones perfectly fine?

Roland

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My 5s was on the charger all night and I just noticed it's only at 95%. It's my first full charge on 7.1. Anyone else seeing that?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their GPS seems to stay on all the time? I've closed down all apps and its still on?!?
Do you have Yahoo Weather installed? Have it set to check your current location? That was the culprit for me when I noticed the GPS/location services icon on more than it was before... I turned off Current Location in the Yahoo app - GPS icon went away.

Bart Mink

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their GPS seems to stay on all the time? I've closed down all apps and its still on?!?

I just figured it out. It wasn't iOS7, but an issue with Foursquare. Even without the app running it is still accessing the GPS (Location Service). I noticed that it had an update ready to be installed. Updating the app didn't seem to work either. So deleted the app until that bug is squished.

Bernard Contorno

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
After updating I have noticed a blue band about 1.9 cm thick running horizontally, back and forth, across the screen of my iPad Air. I've seen this when playing Infinity Blade III and Injustice. The blue band also appears briefly when I used Mail app, Safari and when reading PDFs in GoodReader. Restarted the iPad Air twice. Still persists. No issues on the iPhone 5s though.

I had the same issue on my iPhone prior to the update. I restored the device and its been fine since.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR