Redneck Trash

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
HDR Auto? I think that's new.
hevaqy3e.jpg

Redneck Trash

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the new X and Clear in Notification Center. They don't show up as well as they did. Nice that they're larger though.

Edit: Never mind. It was the background at the time.

Last edited:

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i love how all the animations are faster and the way everything has been made easier to use like turning month view into list view in calendar and the x turns into it's own clear (apart from the keyboard which is just confusing) button oh and most importantly touch id works much better for me now works first time pretty much 100% where as it would work 2 or 3 time before

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if iOS 7.1 is running better on the iPhone 4.
I've found things slow,jerky and unresponsive since the introduction of iOS 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if iOS 7.1 is running better on the iPhone 4.
I've found things slow,jerky and unresponsive since the introduction of iOS 7

try doing a fresh install of the newest software. just restore all settings and erase all content. usually that smooths most things out. clears everything that remained from the last software on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
try doing a fresh install of the newest software. just restore all settings and erase all content. usually that smooths most things out. clears everything that remained from the last software on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Already done all that, 3 times. I've got 24gb free memory. It seems to me that iPhone 4 and ios7 don't go together.

Lexdexia

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

This update is good, but not great. It definitely fixed a bunch of problems I had back in 7.0.6 such as occasional crashes, sluggish animations and frequent bugs. But with the update it also messed up some things that were not broken before. I've installed it on my 32GB iPad Air and noticed the sound for the Videos app seems to be muffled. By that I mean I have to turn the volume up really loud to hear things when watching a movie (I didn't have the do this before the update, the volume was consistent across apps like video and music). I hope Apple releases another update soon to fix this annoyance.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I've definitely noticed something with ios 7.1 which might have to be ironed out. The audio codec was tweaked a little like I thought when I updated. It's actually better for the most part. but for streaming, very rarely when it takes a second to buffer the audio might cut in and out really quick for a second. I've noticed it on YouTube and Xfinity go. It's very very rare but still exists. Overall though I'm very pleased

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... When I listen to music though the music app my battery drains faster than it did with iOS 7.0.6

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

This update is good, but not great. It definitely fixed a bunch of problems I had back in 7.0.6 such as occasional crashes, sluggish animations and frequent bugs. But with the update it also messed up some things that were not broken before. I've installed it on my 32GB iPad Air and noticed the sound for the Videos app seems to be muffled. By that I mean I have to turn the volume up really loud to hear things when watching a movie (I didn't have the do this before the update, the volume was consistent across apps like video and music). I hope Apple releases another update soon to fix this annoyance.

Yes, i find the volume low in Videos. But then, i find the overall volume low on the 5c compared to the 4/4s :(

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Did a fresh restore and update to IOS7.1, so far so good... I was just wondering, did Apple do away with the full screen picture of your contact showing up when you receive an incoming call? All my contact photos are the proper size to fit to full screen, but now they just show up as a small circle with the persons name to the left, and the rest of the screen is blurred along with the answer options.. Did I just forget to select a settings option or is this the way 7.1 is set up now?

Same here. That has changed in 7.1

Last edited:

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Two weird things happened with this 7.1 update.

First at the end of the update it asked me if I trusted this computer and I had to confirm it on the phone before it would sync to the computer. Considering that I had just updated through the computer I obviously trust it lol. I have never had this happen when updating.

Second my other went from 1.78 to 1.91. I am very aware of other and keep an eye on it. Not a happy camper.:(

Same thing happened to me. I guess 7.1 is set up that way. I changed my Apple id password & had to re-confirm. OTHER has always been a mystery to me - it always increases after a major update, especially after a few syncs with iTunes.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Yes, i find the volume low in Videos. But then, i find the overall volume low on the 5c compared to the 4/4s :(

The 5c uses the same audio chip which was used in the iPhone 5. It's been known to have a lower volume than all of the other iPhones. Comparing the 5/5c to the 5s, the volume on the 5s is noticeably louder.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods