iOS 7.1 is live

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of battery life, I unplugged my 5s early Sunday morning, used it some but not a lot. (Spent more time on the iPad mini) When I plugged the iPhone in about 26 hours later it was still on 70%.

Sent from my white 5s

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

Was happy to see the update this morning, haven't really noticed any differences from the last beta ... Hopefully I will get better battery life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems okay to me, but I've always had good battery life on my iOS devices.

mikeser

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what I did (I am new to IOS ) but after updating my jailbroken iPod I didn't lose any app and the battery percentage is still there (iPod doesn't have battery percentage I put it with a cydia tweak )

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iMore advice

Back-up your devices before performing an update it's always a Wise idea 📲

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
What's the benefit of a clean install?

Sent from my white 5s

I do it to prevent any problems that I might have been having with the previous software from continuing with the update. Problems can range from battery life to crashes. I like to have a fresh install of the software, but I only really do it with my iPhone and not the iPad. I am also a little bit OCD about it with my phone. I might not even be having any problems and I will still do a fresh install. I can't seem to help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I do it to prevent any problems that I might have been having with the previous software from continuing with the update. Problems can range from battery life to crashes. I like to have a fresh install of the software, but I only really do it with my iPhone and not the iPad. I am also a little bit OCD about it with my phone. I might not even be having any problems and I will still do a fresh install. I can't seem to help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

A post update factory reset should do the same thing, right?

Sent from my white 5s

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading online that there's an option to enable the dark grey keyboard but I'm not seeing how to do it? The sites are just showing screenshots and not actually telling you how to enable it...is it possible?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading online that there's an option to enable the dark grey keyboard but I'm not seeing how to do it? The sites are just showing screenshots and not actually telling you how to enable it...is it possible?

I assume Apple opted to remove that feature since the "Enable Dark Keyboard" option is unavailable to us.

deandodds

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You get a little flash icon in the camera app if the flash will be used for that shot!

a2enamyp.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative