iOS 7.1 is live

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make a difference. I was on my home wifi and only disconnected to see if it is a wifi issue when I took the screenshot.

Anyway, this happens every time there is an update. I cannot update OTA. I have even done a clean install previously but it changed nothing..,

Do you have a firewall setting of some sort that could be causing you to be unable to connect and retrieve the update OTA? Have you tried resetting your network settings - Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a firewall setting of some sort that could be causing you to be unable to connect and retrieve the update OTA? Have you tried resetting your network settings - Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

I don't think that's the issue because my IPhone 4S updates just fine on the same network. I have just about tried everything but I still end up with the same issue come update time.

Edit, funny thing is that iTunes recognises that an update is available the minute I connect the phone to the computer. It's just OTA that is balked for me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

I did and the stutter is gone from most apps but a few apps still have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Oh okay. Those specific apps may need to be updated by the developer(s). Give it a few hours to see if things improve.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The signing window for iOS 7.0.6 is closed already wow (closed about 1 hour after iOS 7.1 got released)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh okay. Those specific apps may need to be updated by the developer(s). Give it a few hours to see if things improve.

Just had my springboard crash and my phone respringed, now the stutter is gone from all my apps... Strange...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just had my springboard crash and my phone respringed, now the stutter is gone from all my apps... Strange...

Strange indeed, but hey, everything is running smoothly for you now and that's what's important, my friend. Now let's hope everything continues to run smoothly...lol

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
7.1 sure is The Snappy. My 5C feels twice as fast. I like how the opening of the lock screen comes on now, plus the slide to unlock if niftier looking.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Strange indeed, but hey, everything is running smoothly for you now and that's what's important, my friend. Now let's hope everything continues to run smoothly...lol

Yup, but I'm still doing a clean install though so I have no junk files or settings remaining that might affect device performance or battery life :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yup, but I'm still doing a clean install though so I have no junk files or settings remaining that might affect device performance or battery life :)

No doubt about it....:)

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
will you guys install this on existing iOS or restored as new?

I just did a regular update. I've only done clean installs for major updates (4.X.X to 5.X.X., etc). Unless I see a problem I just do it normally.

I like the darker colors for some of the icons (so far I only notice it for Phone and Messages). I don't really care for the circular button for the "Call" button but it's not something I look at daily. The tweaked keyboard is interesting...the caps key is going to take some getting used to. Nice options to make this darker and reduce the whiteness. I tried the latter but it felt like the screen had to turn brighter with the auto brightness :p Too dark for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR