Two weird things happened with this 7.1 update.

First at the end of the update it asked me if I trusted this computer and I had to confirm it on the phone before it would sync to the computer. Considering that I had just updated through the computer I obviously trust it lol. I have never had this happen when updating.

Second my other went from 1.78 to 1.91. I am very aware of other and keep an eye on it. Not a happy camper.
    Same thing happened to me. I guess 7.1 is set up that way. I changed my Apple id password & had to re-confirm. OTHER has always been a mystery to me - it always increases after a major update, especially after a few syncs with iTunes.
    03-13-2014 07:51 PM
    Yes, i find the volume low in Videos. But then, i find the overall volume low on the 5c compared to the 4/4s
    The 5c uses the same audio chip which was used in the iPhone 5. It's been known to have a lower volume than all of the other iPhones. Comparing the 5/5c to the 5s, the volume on the 5s is noticeably louder.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    SandeepRoy likes this.
    03-14-2014 08:32 PM
    Just had a couple of Touch ID failures requiring me to enter my password. These are the first occurrences on 7.1.
    03-16-2014 06:37 AM
    Just had a couple of Touch ID failures requiring me to enter my password. These are the first occurrences on 7.1.
    Same. But I do have a lifeproof nuud case on mine. I hadn't had any with my defender on but I'll stick with the case and see if it gets any better.

03-16-2014 11:10 AM
    As long as your home button is wide open and "available," for lack of a better word, your Touch ID should work 100%. At least mine does and I have 7.1.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-17-2014 10:21 PM
    As long as your home button is wide open and "available," for lack of a better word, your Touch ID should work 100%. At least mine does and I have 7.1.

Haven't had a failure since.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    03-17-2014 10:31 PM
    The Touch ID for my phone is VERY touchy, actually. More so now than before the update.

03-17-2014 10:32 PM
    The Touch ID for my phone is VERY touchy, actually. More so now than before the update.

I've been noticing some failures as well when I had no issues on 7.0.6

03-18-2014 07:43 PM
    I noticed that on Facetime my front camera don't work - then when investigating it - my rear stopped responding! Any one else experience this and if so - is there a fix?
    03-18-2014 07:55 PM
    I noticed that on Facetime my front camera don't work - then when investigating it - my rear stopped responding! Any one else experience this and if so - is there a fix?
    Forced restart? (Power and home until black screen)

OMGTwinMommy likes this.
    03-18-2014 07:57 PM
    WALLPAPER PROBLEM of iphone 5:
    This image is what my wallpaper should look like - clean, crisp, bright colors from top to bottom.
    iOS 7.1 is live-img_2130.png

The following image though is what happens with ios 7.1 - the top 1/3 - 1/2 of the image now has this weird dark portion on it? It only happens on like 2-3 of my 77 wallpapers, but it's still very annoying. Those wallpapers never did this on ios 7.0. It's obviously a but and i hope they fix it. At least it only affects 2-3 of my wallpapers, if it did this on all of them, i would be livid.
    iOS 7.1 is live-img_2129.png

It has NOTHING to do with the "reduce transparency" option and i've seen several postings on Apple's forums with other users reporting the same thing. I think the reason more people haven't noticed this is that it only happens on select images and i've yet been able to figure out why it only happens on some images. I bet if many of you with iphone 5 phones, go thru your wallpapers you'll find this happens to you also.
    03-19-2014 01:45 PM
    I just noticed that spotlight search might be slightly broken. While searching for an old text it would bring up the thread but it couldn't find the message

03-20-2014 11:11 AM
    I just noticed that spotlight search might be slightly broken. While searching for an old text it would bring up the thread but it couldn't find the message

Same here. Also in Notes the word is not highlighted nor is it zoomed in like Messages. If you have a lengthy Note, then it's a bit of an effort. I maybe wrong, but previously search results came with word underlined.
    DroidArmy likes this.
    03-21-2014 02:15 AM
    Is anybody else having issues with texting? This update really sucks for me on my iPhone. Nuked my last years worth of data and pictures. Now I cannot receive texts. Half of my apps are gone. Hate it. Not going to update my iPad. That is the only way I can get texts now.
    03-24-2014 03:08 PM
    Is anybody else having issues with texting? This update really sucks for me on my iPhone. Nuked my last years worth of data and pictures. Now I cannot receive texts. Half of my apps are gone. Hate it. Not going to update my iPad. That is the only way I can get texts now.
    No....I haven't seen that happen. Maybe install a fresh copy and restore from iCloud?

03-26-2014 10:24 AM
    Nope, you definitely have something funky going on.

A restore should fix your problems.

Oh, and this is why we always backup, backup, and when you think you have enough back ups, back up some more!
    darkpurple92 and karthickios like this.
    03-27-2014 11:08 PM
    I'm actually having a new problem on my iPhone 4 (yes, yes, I know....) that I didn't have prior to the upgrade to 7.1. Now, when I make or take a call, the phone screen doesn't stay in the foreground on my phone. So to end the call, I need to tap menu or the power button, slide to unlock, enter my passcode then I see the phone screen to end the call. Anyone else with the problem or am I the last person on the planet who still has a 4? Any ideas?
    04-01-2014 08:45 PM
    I'm actually having a new problem on my iPhone 4 (yes, yes, I know....) that I didn't have prior to the upgrade to 7.1. Now, when I make or take a call, the phone screen doesn't stay in the foreground on my phone. So to end the call, I need to tap menu or the power button, slide to unlock, enter my passcode then I see the phone screen to end the call. Anyone else with the problem or am I the last person on the planet who still has a 4? Any ideas?
    The only problems i have with calling is tht i keep pressing buttons with my ear -_-....problem which i did not have before..and i can't lock my phone as i need to do it from my screen. My button is stuck Can't press anymore

04-06-2014 08:28 AM
    Go now.
    04-07-2014 07:40 AM
    i have a little problem with my iphone 5 running ios 7.1 everytime i lock my screen and wait for about 20 seconds,. and when i wake up my phone. it has about 1 - 2 seconds delay before the screen wakes up. anybody having this issue as well?
    icyborg likes this.
    04-08-2014 08:52 AM
    i have a little problem with my iphone 5 running ios 7.1 everytime i lock my screen and wait for about 20 seconds,. and when i wake up my phone. it has about 1 - 2 seconds delay before the screen wakes up. anybody having this issue as well?
    I haven't seen anything like that on any of my devices.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    04-08-2014 01:18 PM
    No issues here on my VZ 5S.
    Good Luck
    04-08-2014 09:34 PM
    SMS Time-Stamps.
    Some previously backed up messages(iOS 6.1) were restored to a new 5c. Some messages don't show the year in time-stamps, i have some from 2012 which display the year and some from 2013 that don't. Any ideas about this ?
    icyborg likes this.
    04-09-2014 04:04 AM
223 ... 789