That solid gray part at the bottom wasn't there after the update. When I changed my wallpaper it appeared.
    Thats normal on 7.0.6 too.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-2014 02:50 PM
    It was there before. Here's a couple of screen shots of my screen before on iOS 7.0.6 and after the update.

Before:
    iOS 7.1 is live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1394650307.645784.jpg
    After:
    iOS 7.1 is live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1394650338.879429.jpg
    Last edited by pr1nce; 03-12-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    03-12-2014 02:52 PM
    That solid gray part at the bottom wasn't there after the update. When I changed my wallpaper it appeared.
    Maybe it' more noticeable with certain wallpapers more than others.
    03-12-2014 03:43 PM
    No, it wasn't there. I was using the blue wallpaper with the orange fade at the bottom. It definitely wasn't there. I changed to the carbon fiber and it has been there since no matter what wallpaper I use. Oh we'll, I guess I'm stuck with it now.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-12-2014 04:06 PM
    I upgraded from Beta 5 and really like the finished product 7.1. The things that I don't care for is the small photo for phone calls. I also liked being able to see a full screen photo of the contact. The other issue I have is the iPhone calendar. You have three choices: year, month or month with day's agenda below. This is an improvement over 7.0, but during beta testing I discovered a full-screen agenda (the icon was three parallel lines only, at the top), day view and week view showed up when I first entered the app. But once I touched the three lines in the agenda view, I was back to the basic three options with no way to get back to the full-screen agenda view, day view or week view. I know somehow those were in the Beta 5 OS7.1, but there was/is no way to access them.

I also opted to make the type face bold. It's so much easier to read that I was able to reduce the text size. Great move!
    03-12-2014 04:34 PM
    I upgraded from Beta 5 and really like the finished product 7.1. The things that I don't care for is the small photo for phone calls. I also liked being able to see a full screen photo of the contact. The other issue I have is the iPhone calendar. You have three choices: year, month or month with day's agenda below. This is an improvement over 7.0, but during beta testing I discovered a full-screen agenda (the icon was three parallel lines only, at the top), day view and week view showed up when I first entered the app. But once I touched the three lines in the agenda view, I was back to the basic three options with no way to get back to the full-screen agenda view, day view or week view. I know somehow those were in the Beta 5 OS7.1, but there was/is no way to access them.

I also opted to make the type face bold. It's so much easier to read that I was able to reduce the text size. Great move!
    Don't know whether this is what you're talking about or not but if I open the Calendar app & choose the plain month view without the agenda at the bottom & then select a day, the three lines icon shows up at the top & if I select it I get the agenda view by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Redneck Trash and TurboTiger like this.
    03-12-2014 06:10 PM
    TOUCH ID WORKS AT LAST and if that were the only improvement would still be breaking out the hats and hooters for iOS 7.1. Must understand, this user endured 5 complete reinstalls from scratch -- downloading 300+ apps and organizing them into folders, app by app -- and 3 new iPhones, plus the hypertension from telling various Genii "Yes, I tried that three times" while maintaining a winning smile, and then telling them, "Sorry, problem isn't solved yet, is it?" until they exchanged my phone. Plus, subscribed to one of the longest recent threads on the apple user forums and contributed to it frequently, asserting many times "This has to be a software bug," because it bore every sign of same. Now that it's fixed would love to know what they did. Guessing it had something to do with security loops. If your fingerprints change just a bit between logins, it logs this to a cache in the processor -- but if they change too much, or change a just a bit after a specified learning period, the program hollers "HACKER!" whereupon it deletes the entire chache and makes you start all over again. That's just a guess, but if it's true, then it would explain why you could give the program LESS fingerprint data at the start wuth an interesting hack and thereby buy a few hours of retention. (Will spell out how this was down for anyone who still cares.) In any case, prior to 7.1, could only make Touch ID work for 24 hours max, whereupon it would fail UTTERLY. Now its been 36 hours without a re-train. HOORAY!
    Other improvements noticed include much faster speed on the iPhone 5S (but not on the two new iPads, seemingly -- why?), better mechanics for the various swipes and improved email niceties. Very pleased indeed and can finally recommend the 5S to friends.
    03-12-2014 07:06 PM
    HDR Auto? I think that's new.
    03-12-2014 07:58 PM
    Yes it's quite shocking isn't it.
    Yes, oh yes.

I find too that standby doesn't eat as much battery as it used to...which bodes well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-2014 08:04 PM
    Nice tips,
    Tks Chrysalis
    03-12-2014 08:23 PM
    Yup new feature only for the 5S
    03-12-2014 10:16 PM
    I'm not a fan of the new X and Clear in Notification Center. They don't show up as well as they did. Nice that they're larger though.

Edit: Never mind. It was the background at the time.
    Last edited by Redneck Trash; 03-13-2014 at 03:12 AM.
    03-12-2014 10:20 PM
    i love how all the animations are faster and the way everything has been made easier to use like turning month view into list view in calendar and the x turns into it's own clear (apart from the keyboard which is just confusing) button oh and most importantly touch id works much better for me now works first time pretty much 100% where as it would work 2 or 3 time before
    03-13-2014 03:10 AM
    Can anyone confirm if iOS 7.1 is running better on the iPhone 4.
    I've found things slow,jerky and unresponsive since the introduction of iOS 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-13-2014 04:29 AM
    I'm not a fan of the new X and Clear in Notification Center. They don't show up as well as they did. Nice that they're larger though.

Edit: Never mind. It was the background at the time.
    This is nice touch, imho. I am using notification center much more.
    03-13-2014 06:37 AM
    Can anyone confirm if iOS 7.1 is running better on the iPhone 4.
    I've found things slow,jerky and unresponsive since the introduction of iOS 7

try doing a fresh install of the newest software. just restore all settings and erase all content. usually that smooths most things out. clears everything that remained from the last software on your phone.

03-13-2014 06:40 AM
    try doing a fresh install of the newest software. just restore all settings and erase all content. usually that smooths most things out. clears everything that remained from the last software on your phone.

Already done all that, 3 times. I've got 24gb free memory. It seems to me that iPhone 4 and ios7 don't go together.

03-13-2014 07:18 AM
    how big is the file if i update through itunes? i'm having a difficult time finding that number.
    03-13-2014 08:47 AM
    how big is the file if i update through itunes? i'm having a difficult time finding that number.
    Close to a gig and a half.
    rewNATION likes this.
    03-13-2014 10:27 AM
    Anyone getting this bug with wallpapers?
    When i go to wallpapers, select dynamic all are there, but when i open still wallpapers there's nothing in there.. blank
    just to mention, i did clean install..
    Bump

Sent from iPhone
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-13-2014 12:01 PM
    This update is good, but not great. It definitely fixed a bunch of problems I had back in 7.0.6 such as occasional crashes, sluggish animations and frequent bugs. But with the update it also messed up some things that were not broken before. I've installed it on my 32GB iPad Air and noticed the sound for the Videos app seems to be muffled. By that I mean I have to turn the volume up really loud to hear things when watching a movie (I didn't have the do this before the update, the volume was consistent across apps like video and music). I hope Apple releases another update soon to fix this annoyance.
    Kashan Osama and SandeepRoy like this.
    03-13-2014 12:08 PM
    I've definitely noticed something with ios 7.1 which might have to be ironed out. The audio codec was tweaked a little like I thought when I updated. It's actually better for the most part. but for streaming, very rarely when it takes a second to buffer the audio might cut in and out really quick for a second. I've noticed it on YouTube and Xfinity go. It's very very rare but still exists. Overall though I'm very pleased

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-13-2014 01:09 PM
    Hmmm... When I listen to music though the music app my battery drains faster than it did with iOS 7.0.6

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    03-13-2014 01:35 PM
    This update is good, but not great. It definitely fixed a bunch of problems I had back in 7.0.6 such as occasional crashes, sluggish animations and frequent bugs. But with the update it also messed up some things that were not broken before. I've installed it on my 32GB iPad Air and noticed the sound for the Videos app seems to be muffled. By that I mean I have to turn the volume up really loud to hear things when watching a movie (I didn't have the do this before the update, the volume was consistent across apps like video and music). I hope Apple releases another update soon to fix this annoyance.
    Yes, i find the volume low in Videos. But then, i find the overall volume low on the 5c compared to the 4/4s
    03-13-2014 06:54 PM
    Did a fresh restore and update to IOS7.1, so far so good... I was just wondering, did Apple do away with the full screen picture of your contact showing up when you receive an incoming call? All my contact photos are the proper size to fit to full screen, but now they just show up as a small circle with the persons name to the left, and the rest of the screen is blurred along with the answer options.. Did I just forget to select a settings option or is this the way 7.1 is set up now?
    Same here. That has changed in 7.1
    Last edited by SandeepRoy; 03-13-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: incorrect response
    03-13-2014 07:25 PM
223 ... 6789