iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine is pretty horrendous. But then again, that's been a constant issue for me since moving to ios 7 so I suspect it's something with my phone

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine is pretty horrendous. But then again, that's been a constant issue for me since moving to ios 7 so I suspect it's something with my phone

Don't want to rant about battery but I'm sure its iOS 7 lol considering the fact that airplane mode + wifi drains just as fast as 3G and wifi

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
How's everyone's battery life?
Mine is not as good as before but ok:
pynyduje.jpg

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
When I get banner notifications and the banner appears on top of the screen I'm not able to touch anywhere else I have to wait until the banner is gone to get back to normal use.
Am I the only one who gets a bug on that?

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is excellent thus far. I'm now torn on what's more important, a jailbreak or iOS 7.1
Thats what I'm thinking too lol. If 7.1 brings better battery life, I will more than likely come off the jailbreak. I know it will provide better functionality

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any delay? How long..

Are you using the default camera app?

Yeah I'm using the native camera app. When I took pics this morning it was fine and now that I think about it, the delay probably happened because I was backing up with iCloud at the time:cant-watch: LOL

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery life seems a tad worse but I don't have any stats to back that up. Seems very stable though. I haven't had any re springs since I installed it.

I've had one respring on my iPod touch on the lockscreen

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

malih

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this for awhile with iPod touch, I have to say, this is what iOS 7 should've felt like on release days.
But I imagine the thousands, maybe millions of feedback & diagnostics data from the 7.0.x is required to get to 7.1.

Battery life is better for me, also some heavier games that have performance issues like stuttering with 7.0.x are now running better = more enjoyable.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this for awhile with iPod touch, I have to say, this is what iOS 7 should've felt like on release days.
But I imagine the thousands, maybe millions of feedback & diagnostics data from the 7.0.x is required to get to 7.1.

Not really. 7.1 exhibits such architectural changes as would probably have been laid down already back in the summer, during 7.0.X public beta releases period as the performance and other deficiencies of the 7.0 architecture became, at latest, evident, as well as the fact that no amount of small bug fixing or code tweaking would amend the fundamental flaws in the design. 7.1 is all about architecture, which:

Battery life is better for me, also some heavier games that have performance issues like stuttering with 7.0.x are now running better = more enjoyable.

attests to.

Clearly, the first 7.0 software design was quite f**ked up, either because it was put together too fast and under too great a time pressure after Forstall's departure, or because insufficient talent was alloted to the design work. 7.1 is what 7.0 should have been. Given the Maps fiasco, iOS 7.0 is already a second corroboration to the new company principle where schedules now triumph over end-user visible quality. I do not comment here whether that is good or bad, but it does seem to bring in dough, as both releases have only furthered Apple's financial success, namely, by iOS 7's being pivotal in 5S, 5C and the new iPad line-ups' marketing.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So I have iOS 7.1 beta 5 installed on my iPad rMini and it's a little bit laggy while using apps.
On my iPhone 5s it's fast as hell...

But the battery life for the mini seems great so far... It seems like the battery will last forever :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So I have iOS 7.1 beta 5 installed on my iPad rMini and it's a little bit laggy while using apps.
On my iPhone 5s it's fast as hell...

But the battery life for the mini seems great so far... It seems like the battery will last forever :D

ive had no lag on my rMini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner