iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yea but wasn't the public release like a day or two after the beta release though?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
iOS 6 public release was like 10 days after the GM release. Public release and GM are basically the same though
I think that might have been iOS5... I don't recall seeing a GM for an x.1 release... I could be wrong about that...

I think it was iOS5 that didn't have a GM leading into public release. The last beta was essentially the GM and could be installed without a UDID registered. Just thought there could be a chance at that for a .1 release. I suppose this isn't it lol

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
What's different in beta 5 I read the notes and I'm trying to figure it out but I can't see anything different on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What's different in beta 5 I read the notes and I'm trying to figure it out but I can't see anything different on my end.

caps lock key looks different again, the Siri voice is improved, something on the slide to unlock text has changed and I think there are some performance enhancements ? but it was a really small update at all so I don't think they made big changes, just a few improvements.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yea but wasn't the public release like a day or two after the beta release though?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yes that was 6.1. Beta released on a Saturday night and then went public Monday morning.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Pursuing my request from Beta 4...:)

Can anyone on 7.1 beta confirm if icloud email is able to send emails using a secondary smtp and not revert to primary, even if secondary is set up.
This was possible on Ios6, but lost on ios 7 and Apple Communities claim it to be a problem of a faulty mail.app programming.
I have little hope of this being solved ever, but hope is what is keeping me alive :)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=60&tstart=0

Someone please check the above!
Settings>icloud>click on account>Advanced>Mail>outgoing smtp>other smtp servers> add server

If you have a gmail account add host name as smtp.gmail.com user name: xyz@gmail.com and your password. Then SSL on.
Turn your icloud smtp server off.

Then create a mail using your icloud id and send an email to 3 rd email ID to check if email comes from icloud mail id or gmail id.

Thanks in advance.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The improvements in beta 5 are mostly cosmetic but it is definitely more release ready than beta 4 ever was so you know they are getting close. They fixed two bugs in beta 4 that I had but now for me the camera is a lot more grainy. There is definite loss of quality that I can see.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I think the App Store also got a update in beta 5 it seems to be more accurate and updates seem to be getting notified more ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1391610449.923555.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Editing in Touch ID also got tweaked. You no longer have to hit Edit to rename a fingerprint. Just tap it and you can rename or delete.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

JsLee14

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with the music player in 7.1 Beta 4, where it would freeze up if an artist had too many songs under there name. That got cleaned up and the music player on my part is a lot faster (I have a large collection, and i'm using iTunes Match).

raysivley

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
But they have an article from the BG himself saying there won't likely be another beta... and there could be a GM... and 7.1 will be out very soon... he's hedging his bets.... quoting a source that says March while saying maybe not?? smh...
Keep us up to date sir....There seem to be a awful lot of beta releases without an GM being too much further behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods