iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 6.1.3

AhsonAli

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
My uncle just came to me with his old laggy iPhone 3Gs which wont work properly it's contract finished last month and he is using some other network since then... and he wants to try iOS 6 for a change!

I have two questions!

1. if i Make a back up of iOS4 to iTunes will I be able to restore it on iOS6...
only two things he want to are -Notes and -Contacts... will they be restored to iOS6? if not is there a way around!

2. I don't how he is using other network but does it mean his phone is factory unlocked now and I can update it without worrying about having it locked!
he didn't call his network provider for unlock!
should I update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
My uncle just came to me with his old laggy iPhone 3Gs which wont work properly it's contract finished last month and he is using some other network since then... and he wants to try iOS 6 for a change!
Laggy? In what way? Internet surfing, playing games, general smartphone stuff?

I have two questions!

1. if i Make a back up of iOS4 to iTunes will I be able to restore it on iOS6...
only two things he want to are -Notes and -Contacts... will they be restored to iOS6? if not is there a way around!
You are able to use a backup of an older iOS version with a newer iOS version, but I'm not certain if there's a restriction in regard to older devices. I don't think so, but again, I'm not certain.

2. I don't how he is using other network but does it mean his phone is factory unlocked now and I can update it without worrying about having it locked!
he didn't call his network provider for unlock!
should I update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Unless he has changed providers when his contract expired, he will still be using his current carrier. The service does not end when the contract expires. It simply means that you can disconnect service without a penalty or without paying an early termination fee.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner