Exclude an account from the "All Inboxes" view?

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've searched everywhere I can think of to avail. Does anyone here know how I can exclude an account from the all inboxes view without removing or disabling the account?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
While you can adjust the individual fetch settings for accounts, I believe the only way to exclude it entirely would be to use a second mail app (gmail, etc) for the excluded account.

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty much the consensus I've been getting from my web searches. I'm thinking about deleting the account from iOS and just checking it when I'm at the computer but I'd like to know if I have gotten email from that account I just don't want it with all my other emails.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, if your iPhone is only checking, say, one other account, you could choose that account's Inbox as your default view.

Or, you could do what I've recently done (noted by Massie, above) if you have multiple accounts and use webmail. I have a Yahoo, Gmail and the ubiquitous iCloud email account, Yahoo being my primary email account. I installed and set up their own app (a better experience all-in-all, too. But I digress) and removed it's Mail sync from iOS Mail, leaving the Gmail and iCloud accounts on the iOS's. When I see a notification badge on my Yahoo, it has priority to those on iOS Mail.
Similarly, you could do the same with a Gmail or Outlook or other mail app, I suppose - or reverse everything and have priority mail come in on iOS Mail and everything else directed to the 3rd Party app.

Last edited:

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. I removed the account from iOS and manage it from the web. Not really what I was looking for but it will work.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But why from the web instead of another app? At least with a dedicated app (Gmail, yahoo, etc) you get the notifications.

gReG sKi

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a valid question. The reason why is if you are dealing with corporate accounts. Not everyone uses their iPhones to only ceck their free email accounts like GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Companies like to isolate work email from personal email. Granted "All Inboxes" is just a view, but ideally each Email client would be a separate container eventually (are you listening Apple?). So one would have Work, Yahoo, Comcast, etc... email accounts and the All Inboxes should allow us to pick which accounts get shown there, it's a simple and logical request. When you execute a search on your computer for files, you too say show "All files" but you can go further and specify show "All files" that end in .xls for example, this would be no different

Symphonitron

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
gReG sKi is exactly correct. In Apple Mail, I used a feature that allowed me to decide which inboxes to "combine" into the same view. I excluded my work inbox. I can't figure out how to either exclude my work email from "All Inboxes" in Airmail, or else solve the problem the other way and combine multiple Inboxes in a custom manner.

Apple Mail lets you do this. Airmail solves problems that I had with Apple Mail, but I have now traded one problem for another problem.

tlk44

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
What feature is that ? I 'm trying include only certain accounts in "all inboxes" on my Mac as well.

I had the same need. I set up a smart mailbox, then chose the accounts I wanted to include; there is a filtering option simply called 'Accounts'. Use that instead of the global 'Inbox' at the top. Apple Mail has very rich filtering options for smart mailboxes - they are quite useful and much easier and more flexible than Gmail Labels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73