Camera upside down

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Apple made the volume up button work as the camera button a while back, however, if the camera button is up in landscape mode, the pictures and video are upside down in Windows. Besides the fact that Apple should have done it the other way, to allow for much better compatibility, how to I adjust this for videos. For pictures, it is easy enough, but not videos.
I made a movie with my iphone. I have a mac, but my family has windows. I sent them the video, and it is upside down for them. How can they turn it right side up in Windows. Or better yet, how can I adjust it on my Mac so that I can send it to anyone without them having to turn it right side up themselves?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Various information throughout the internet states the problem is related to how Windows handles EXIF tags. Camera + and other camera apps are believed to not cause this problem and computer apps like Google's Picasa can be used to correct the videos you already have. I do NOT have any firsthand experience with this and am just passing along the information I found online. Take care....:)

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. However, I would really like to be able to make the iphone take pictures/videos that will be right side up when the volume buttons are on top. It just makes more sense. I don't intent to hold the volume buttons on the bottom.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Use QuickTime on windows. Problem solved. Other than that in the famous words of Steve Jobs "You're holding it wrong"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. However, I would really like to be able to make the iphone take pictures/videos that will be right side up when the volume buttons are on top. It just makes more sense. I don't intent to hold the volume buttons on the bottom.

I'm not sure if there is another way, really. It's meant to be held with the buttons on the bottom.
As stated above, there are tools out there to rotate it after the fact if you don't intend on using the camera as it was designed.