No 3G data after downgrading from ios 7 beta

gigatigga

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, i work at an apple developer shop and so i had legal access to the ios 7 beta to install on my Sprint iphone 5. Needless to say, its not ready and i wanted to attempt to go back to 6.1.4.

Everything seems fine and dandy, the phone restores, back to 6.1.4, i get passed itunes activation and everything seems smooth...accept, my 3g data isn't working.

My phone seems to be programmed correctly in Settings > general > about, and i'm able to use the phone and SMS portions, but 3G shows, then flips to the o (1x) icon, then finally says "unable to activate data network". I have spent hours on the phone with sprint in attempts to fix it and they are saying there is nothing wrong on their end.

Few things, wifi is fine. also, if the phone locks on to 1x, aka the o symbol, i can get dialup like data, so there is data moving! but as soon as it sees 3g again and connects up, i'm back in this state. I have tried ##update# about a billion times, some times its successful some times it fails, but i'm at a loss here. I've tried reseating the sim card I've tired restoring back to ios 7, same problem, restored back to 6.1.4, still the same problem. i'm currently on 6.1.4 and when i step away from wifi, i'm without data. Anyone experiencing this? Any clues as to how i can get my 3g working again? :(

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A visit to an Apple Genius Bar may be in order... sounds like you've done everything you could do on your end of the deal...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings-General-Reset and them select "Reset Network Settings". Afterwards, wait about 30 seconds and then reboot your iPhone. See if that'll fix it for you.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You may also want to update your data profile. I've found this to be very helpful with Sprint phones.

Sprint said:
Steps:
From the dial pad type in: ##873283# (##UPDATE#) and press call.A message should appear stating the update has been initiated.Once complete a new message should appear stating the update has either completed or failed. If the update fails, ensure the device is in Sprint Network coverage, power cycle the device and try again.

sickofsprint

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Same prob here. Just got off the phone sprint said to take it to apple store. I can tell you I think this issue ink seems to be an issue with sprint. I have a friend in ky with a carrier by the name of bluegrass they piggy back off Verizon because they are a very small company. They have 4g lte with ios 7 and no issues at all. I know this doesn't help your issue but at least you know this is a common prob with ios7 on sprint iPhone 5. Curious to know if you found a fix

shx91

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a sprint iPhone 4s and i'm having almost same problem... I haven't tried calling sprint yet but I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem.

My 3G is very spotty (pretty much the o 65% of the time) and as of 24 hours after downgrading my iMessages have completely stopped working and the sprint ##Update# failed.

anyone else having similar issues or find a solution?

cheesenbroccoli

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry your not alone, Ever since Ive installed iOS 7 ive been experiencing the same issue, and I thought the iOS 7 beta 2 would have corrected the issue but it hasn't. my LTE works like a charm but when im not in and LTE coverage and its my 3g, **** doesn't want to cooperate with me and I get the 1x icon and it takes awhile for it to load just the google site

andreget

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I been without 3G for about 3days after downgrading ios7 beta6 to ios6.1.3 and I finally managed to get it work
Follow this steps
1.Turn off 3G,cellular data,& location services
2.Reset network settings
3.Restart phone
4.Go to cellular data network & insert your carrier's APN (if u don't know visit carrier's site)
5.Now turn on 3G,cellular data, and location services wait for 10 seconds
6.After 10 seconds restart phone
7.After this let the phone search for signal(you can turn on airplane mode & wait till carrier disappears & turn off mode again)
8.you might have to do that 3 or 4 times finally you will get 3G back on
If this method don't work then you must edit the network plist and delete entries of carrier info

andreget

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Try turning off location service 3G & cellular data then restart your phone then enter your carrier'S APN then turn on 3G cellular data and location service restart phone again let phone search for signal either by reinserting sim or turning airplane mode on then off..if this don't work you need to edit the network plist in root directory and delete carrier entries

elnafaty

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that and all other suggestions - except visiting apple store - but still same problem, no 3G after upgrading to 7.0.4. With the multiple complaints on the problem from a wide range of users across the globe, I think the problem has to do with the software update. Please apple should do something on this.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice