This is more of a suggestions or a complain but I use the multilingual keyboard and switch language all the time. The one thing that I find annoying is that there is no way to know what is the current language that the keyboard is set at. You have to tap and hold the globe to see which language is active.

I think that instead of a globe, it's the two letters of the current language that we should see to the left of the space bar. That would solve a big annoyance, for me at least
    05-23-2013 02:02 PM
    This is more of a suggestions or a complain but I use the multilingual keyboard and switch language all the time. The one thing that I find annoying is that there is no way to know what is the current language that the keyboard is set at. You have to tap and hold the globe to see which language is active.

I think that instead of a globe, it's the two letters of the current language that we should see to the left of the space bar. That would solve a big annoyance, for me at least
    Well as much as I hate to say this Apple saw fit when the OS was written to do it this way and unless there is a huge amount of complaints voiced about itto them, they would not likely change soon. I am surprised that simply holding the globe for a moment is that much of a bother to see the current language. Do you normally on a regular basis change language keyboards that you don't remember? Just curious because i have never heard this complaint before.
    05-23-2013 04:07 PM
    Yep I switch all the time. I'm French so I iMessage and email etc in French, but I work and live in a bilingual mostly English part of Canada. So I can email in French, tweet in English, iMessage my wife in French, iMessage a co worker in English all in the same 5 minutes :-) like I literally switch all the time.

One neat thing is that in iMessage it seems to remember which language I was using in which discussion depending on the person. Not 100% accurate but it's mostly correct. And it's just for iMessage

There's just no way to remember which language I used right before I closed my phone the last time.

I just think it would be a nice option to add, there's probably a lot of people switching back and forth like this constantly all over the world. So I thought I should voice myself like you said. I'll try to report it somehow to apple, for what it's worth.
    05-23-2013 04:36 PM
    I also switch back constantly from French to English. It's very easy to see the difference since English uses the QWERTY keyboard and French uses AZERTY.
    05-23-2013 09:09 PM
    Not in Canada ;-) we use the same qwerty layout for French. (French Canadian)
    05-24-2013 11:02 AM
    Ben, c'est pas vraiment le franais, alors! Hehehe!!!!

Are you switching the keyboard for spell check/predictive text? I tend to not switch if I'm doing something short because I can add the accents in just by holding down the key to pop up the accented character.
    05-24-2013 04:48 PM
    Yep mostly for predictive text and autocorrect.
    05-24-2013 08:44 PM
    But it does tell you -- implicitly -- which keyboard is selected, because the name of the space bar changes. I have English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Emoji enabled, so the space bar changes accordingly to space, Leerzeichen, espacio, espace, and spazio, respectively.
    07-12-2013 07:28 AM