Apps not staying 'closed' after reboot

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Since I've upgraded to iOS 6.1.4 I've noticed something a little odd. If I open the task switcher (hopefully that's the correct term) and close all of the recently opened apps, then do a full reboot, up on rebooting all of the apps ARE BACK that I just closed. Anyone else notice this? I don't have any functional issues due to this, I just noticed it and it sorta ticks me off that the apps all show up again after i just took the time to close them all.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since I've upgraded to iOS 6.1.4 I've noticed something a little odd. If I open the task switcher (hopefully that's the correct term) and close all of the recently opened apps, then do a full reboot, up on rebooting all of the apps ARE BACK that I just closed. Anyone else notice this? I don't have any functional issues due to this, I just noticed it and it sorta ticks me off that the apps all show up again after i just took the time to close them all.
Just out of curiosity are you Jailbroken? Either way when you hold down in the app switcher until they jiggle and you close them all and they are gone, Why do you reboot? Is there a reason because you don't have to. Either way the apps should be gone until you open them again from any home screen.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It depends on what the apps are. Some apps (messages, phone, etc) are necessary to make the phone work. Otherwise, I’m stumped.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that although you rebooted your i-device, you will still see a list of your recently used apps after it boots up, however, if you completely power off your device, the recently used app list is reset to default (no listing).

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity are you Jailbroken? Either way when you hold down in the app switcher until they jiggle and you close them all and they are gone, Why do you reboot? Is there a reason because you don't have to. Either way the apps should be gone until you open them again from any home screen.

Nope, not Jailbroken. I reboot about once a week just because. I know I don't have to, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

rileyfletcher

May 8, 2013
Visit site
don’t panic and just press & keep pressed the standby button and home button simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. Your device will restart itself and everything will be back to normal.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not Jailbroken. I reboot about once a week just because. I know I don't have to, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Well it is in theory correct what JustMe'D said but I have had both when rebooting using the power/home key and complete shutting the phone that they are gone. I just tried it both ways after removing them and they stayed gone.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Warm and fuzzy... I had a call into Apple awhile back to discuss the support of our growing iOS device deployment and they recommended we have users completely reboot once a week to clear cache etc.

Reboot away and enjoy the fuzziness :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2