I've recently updated my iPhone software so it seems Google sees this as a different device and thus the changes removing Exchange support for gmail have come into effect. This means the only way I can find to get push gmail is to switch to using the Google gmail app (or start paying for Google Apps). Apart from not liking the gmail app this also means I lose things like unified inbox and now have to have my non-gmail accounts in a separate application and my gmail account in a non-default application (which I don't think you can change without a jailbreak).

Does anybody have a solution for at least putting all these accounts in one application with push functionality?
    05-07-2013 12:34 AM
    Unfortunately there isn't one. Google will not do push with IMAP and no longer offers exchange. You have to use their app for push.
    05-07-2013 07:36 AM
    Karen is right and it looks like you will have to use the gmail app for push. Not much else or other options here.
    05-07-2013 12:46 PM
    Just use iCloud or even fwd your email to iCloud Simple and it works
    anon(73368) likes this.
    05-07-2013 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies! When u say use iCloud does that mean I still have gmail through iCloud or do you mean an iCloud email address?
    05-08-2013 05:32 AM
    Thanks for the replies! When u say use iCloud does that mean I still have gmail through iCloud or do you mean an iCloud email address?
    Set up gmail to forward all your mail to an iCloud email address.
    John Yester likes this.
    05-08-2013 07:41 AM
    You could also forward your Gmail to Hotmail and not have to make a new account. Hotmail/outlook.com is native push on the iPhone.
    05-08-2013 08:43 AM
    You could also forward your Gmail to Hotmail and not have to make a new account. Hotmail/outlook.com is native push on the iPhone.
    As is Yahoo email if you'd rather use that.
    05-08-2013 11:57 AM
    Thank you for your answer! When you say you use the iCloud, I mean you do not use the iCloud for your Gmail yet, does not mean iCloud e-mail?
    05-10-2013 06:44 AM
    Thank you for your answer! When you say you use the iCloud, I mean you do not use the iCloud for your Gmail yet, does not mean iCloud e-mail?
    I'm not quite understanding your question. Can you re-state it please?
    05-10-2013 08:20 AM
    OP - have you tried using the mailbox app. I love it. The only problem is as of now there is only support for gmail, but still it is really good... Check it out. Also, helps clean the mailbox by archiving the old emails, something worth a try if you get a lot of emails... Google taught us not to worry about emails (not deleting emails with such a huge mailbox) but Mailbox teaches what Google should have (mail management, for some who need it)
    05-13-2013 11:50 AM
    I forward my gmail emails to my outlook account. Outlook is Push and more streamlined than gmail IMO.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
    05-13-2013 02:14 PM