Battery Issue and Restore Question

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Bit of a double barrelled question but they are related, for my issue.

Battery Issue: I have iPhone 5 running 6.1.2 and having dreadful battery issues, as many others are from what I've seen in other threads and forums. I have to charge every day and I've gone through all the tips about turning off Siri, Wifi and 3G when not required, push etc, etc. I've done the hard reset after deleting my email accounts then setting them up again but still seeing poor battery life.

As an example, I ensured all apps were cleared from the app tray this afternoon, so no apps running (double checked with a 3rd party app), put the phone to sleep at 37%. After 1 hour when I woke the phone it was down to 33%. That equates to 1% drain every 15 minutes when the phone's sleeping. Therefore, at this rate, I would expect 25 hours in standby. This is almost 90% less than the estimated top-end standby of 225 hours quoted by Apple. I could understand maybe even only getting 50% of the quote but would still be unhappy. But, to only get 10%, makes me really not happy and there doesn't appear to be any word from Apple themselves acknowledging this.

Is there anything else I can do?

This brings me to my second question: Restore I was told in a previous thread that, if I restore, I would have to restore to the latest IOS (6.1.3) but, if I made a backup to iTunes when I first got the phone as new before adding any apps, could I not just restore that backup to try and resolve this battery issue, or doesn't it work like that?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes you would have to restore to 6.1.3. The backups you do only contain your data, not any firmware or software. So restoring from those will bring back contacts, app data etc but not 6.1.2. There is no way to restore to that firmware at this time.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I charged the phone to 100% then continued with a full trickle charge. I removed the charger at 00:30 last night, already logged out of ALL apps, cleared the app switcher tray and turned off WiFi, 3G and Data.

When I woke at 7am I had 98% charge. That in itself indicates to me that there's an issue. At that rate I'd get 22 hours of standby, with zero usage. Way lower than Apple's estimated 225 hrs standby. Right now it's 11 am, the phone has been off charge for 10.5 hours with only 15 minutes of light use to check FB, Twitter etc and two 5 minute calls and I'm down to 87%.

I'm new to the iPhone but it would appear to me that this is poor battery consumption. Literally everything is off - iCloud, Location, Push, nothing in NC, logged out of all apps. I've lost 13% already and the phone was asleep for 6.5 hours of the 10.5 hours since full charge.

Is this poor consumption? If so, which of my options from my OP would people suggest I go for?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR