* Is Passbook a complete waste of time? I don't even use the thing!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
To me it's a complete waste. I have no use for it at all. I don't go to any of the places that you would use passbook for. I have it in my apple bloatware folder.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Going to my first movie today since before treatments started (I can't believe it's almost a year!). Anyhow, I bought the tickets through the Fandango app and had them added to Passbook. Looking forward to using that in an hour. :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Going to my first movie today since before treatments started (I can't believe it's almost a year!). Anyhow, I bought the tickets through the Fandango app and had them added to Passbook. Looking forward to using that in an hour. :D

Outstanding. Enjoy your movie, Alli...:)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Useless, to think this was a big "feature" of iOS6:rolleyes:

I think the fact that so few apps are passbook capable, and that there's been any adoption lately shows what a failure it's been.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
How would I go about creating my own store/reward cards for use with PassBook? If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How would I go about creating my own store/reward cards for use with PassBook? If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

The Passbook app is a bit more than a rewards card/store card app and therefore if you simply create a custom one for a specific store, it does not guarantee that the store will accept it or if their scanners can scan it. For stuff like that you may want to download the Keyring app from the App Store. Still, to answer your question, go HERE.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The Passbook app is a bit more than a rewards card/store card app and therefore if you simply create a custom one for a specific store, it does not guarantee that the store will accept it or if their scanners can scan it. For stuff like that you may want to download the Keyring app from the App Store. Still, to answer your question, go HERE.

Thanks for the recommendation. I already have KeyRing and its a pretty cool app but it lacks the GPS features that PassBook has. PassBook also seems to have a friendlier user interface as well.
That Pass Source website seems confusing by the way :)
Thank you for your response.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I did a totally paperless checkin on an airline flight, and figured I had to reopen the email with the boarding pass linked to it , but it was there, in passbook, ready for security and the gate to scan . I have the airlines app installed and they seemed to seamlessly connect. Way to go !!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Tried it for the first time today, with the Walgreen app, seems pretty cool, but will have to get back to you on it.

abaggy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time, Starbucks, United and the movie theater. It's easy to have it on the lock screen so you don't have to unlock, go to the app, open it then use it.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was extremely excited about this feature but it's been nothing but a huge disappointment. I don't know whose fault that is - Apple for making the technology too hard for retailers to adopt or retailers just not caring. IMO Apple needs to reach out (assuming they haven't done so already) to some large companies in an attempt to kickstart this thing. Places where people actually use rewards cards, membership cards, and gift cards, in my area I can think of a few - Kroger, Gold's Gym, Panera, Qdoba, Subway, etc. The only place I would possibly use Passbook is Best Buy and I don't really shop there anymore.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please share how this is done. Every time I try to get the coupons on iPad it says I have to install coupon printer.
Thanks

On your iPad? I thought the Passbook App only worked on iPhone and iPod Touch Devices using iOS 6 or later. Anyway, when you access the www.coupons.com/passbook page via the Safari browser on an iPhone or iPod Touch, you will see a listing of available coupons with the "add to passbook" option next to it. See the attached screenshot. Simply tap on "Add to Passbook" in regard to any coupons you're interested in and it will automatically transfer into your device's Passbook App. It is that simple...:D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366644617.222214.jpg

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
On your iPad? I thought the Passbook App only worked on iPhone and iPod Touch Devices using iOS 6 or later. Anyway, when you access the www.coupons.com/passbook page via the Safari browser on an iPhone or iPod Touch, you will see a listing of available coupons with the "add to passbook" option next to it. See the attached screenshot. Simply tap on "Add to Passbook" in regard to any coupons you're interested in and it will automatically transfer into your device's Passbook App. It is that simple...:D
View attachment 29873

Thanks! I was hoping there was a way to get the actual qpons on coupons.com like $1. off certain items. Guess this is not for that.
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I was hoping there was a way to get the actual qpons on coupons.com like $1. off certain items. Guess this is not for that.
Thanks

I'm sure it can be implemented but whether or not the people at coupon.com actually initiate that implementation is anyone's guess.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Useless, to think this was a big "feature" of iOS6:rolleyes:

I think the fact that so few apps are passbook capable, and that there's been any adoption lately shows what a failure it's been.

Just laying the groundwork for bigger and better things. Once i showed the girlfriend how to use it at Starbucks, she was excited about the possibilities. I don't use it at all yet, but it's a step closer to easy, secure mobile payments and with those kinds of public information and financial exchanges going on I'd prefer a slow approach. Today it's a few vendors with limited functionality. But tomorrow I'll be in and out through designated registers swiped over my iBand, iWatch, or whatever as I walk right out the door.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use it regularly at Starbucks. Saves so much time at the drive through! I don't even have to worry about unlocking the phone.

I have the regular old Starbucks App on my phone.. seems pointless to have a secondary app (Passbook) that does what the primary app (Starbucks) does as well. I can upload more funds, pay for drinks, get free songs, etc all through my Starbucks app.. I dont see a need for another app to do the same thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh