If my phone is currently on 6.1.2, can I keep it on that version?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Is this how it works - whenever I am on WiFi, the iOS updates will automatically download. But unless I click through to install the update, it will not install on its own.

And if I do a factory reset, wiping all data from the phone, it will wipe the downloaded update if it has not been installed.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It won't download unless you tell it to. Often, you have to delete a good portion of your music and apps to download the iOS updates if you use the OTA on smaller capacity iphones.

You're welcome to stay on your iOS as long as you'd like. You just cannot go back down to older versions once a new one comes out.

If you do a factory reset, it will download the newer iOS at that point and install it. You cannot use the restore option and remain on the older iOS.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
It won't download unless you tell it to. Often, you have to delete a good portion of your music and apps to download the iOS updates if you use the OTA on smaller capacity iphones.

You're welcome to stay on your iOS as long as you'd like. You just cannot go back down to older versions once a new one comes out.

If you do a factory reset, it will download the newer iOS at that point and install it. You cannot use the restore option and remain on the older iOS.
I just checked and the phone is on 6.1 (10B142), not 6.1.2 (10B146). It's an iPhone 4S.

I did a factory reset when the phone was on 6.1 (10B142). I guess I didn't update to 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. When I went to activate the phone, I told it to activate through cellular data as a new phone. Then I did not turn on WiFi and the phone has remained on 6.1 despite being activated and working as a phone. So if you just don't turn on WiFi during the activation after a factory reset and don't restore the phone from a backup but rather activate as a new phone, it seems to work to keep the iOS at whatever version it was before you did the factory reset.

My next question is, is there anyway to get from 6.1 to 6.1.2 without having to go to 6.1.3?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and the phone is on 6.1 (10B142), not 6.1.2 (10B146). It's an iPhone 4S.

I did a factory reset when the phone was on 6.1 (10B142). I guess I didn't update to 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. When I went to activate the phone, I told it to activate through cellular data as a new phone. Then I did not turn on WiFi and the phone has remained on 6.1 despite being activated and working as a phone. So if you just don't turn on WiFi during the activation after a factory reset and don't restore the phone from a backup but rather activate as a new phone, it seems to work to keep the iOS at whatever version it was before you did the factory reset.

My next question is, is there anyway to get from 6.1 to 6.1.2 without having to go to 6.1.3?

NO because as soon as you hook it up to iTunes it is going to tell you that 6.1.3 is available, You either proceed with it or cancel it leaving your phone with the OS it has now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox