Folders - Who uses them

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Folders

I use them. But I usually just put all my apps that I don't use frequently in them and leave my most used apps on the home screen.

Tapatalking

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I have mine grouped by the categories that they fall under in the App Store if two or more fall under the same category.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

I use 23 folders related to tasks (WordPress, Office, Scan+Print, GPS, News general, News Apple, etc). 195 apps mainly for tests are installed.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I like having them in folders keeping the screen clear to see what ever home screen picture, I may have on it. And I like how the folders open.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I use them extensively, but try to limit them on my main home screen. I like folders since it limits the number of home screens I have (which I use 3)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I use them extensively, but try to limit them on my main home screen. I like folders since it limits the number of home screens I have (which I use 3)

I too have 3 screens. The default home screen with no changes. One other one with folders then the spotlight search screen. That's it.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I planned to use folders, but that will only help others find stuff easily, like games. I let it scatter on the menu page, making others difficult for others to find the stuff they are looking for :p

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
About half of my apps are in folders. I have a main screen with all the frequent apps organized out of folders. Then I have 2 pages of categorized folders. Then my 4th page is some more frequent apps that I use a little less often.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep my most often used apps on the home page with no folders, then start using folders on page 2. I've got a total geek-fest going on as far as how I use my folders. On each of the following pages starting on page 2, I have two columns of folders running down the left side. The right two columns are reserved for frequently-but-less-frequently than page 1 apps.

There's a method to my madness. I primarily use the phone one-handed in my right hand, so I keep my most frequently used apps towards the bottom left quadrant of all the screens for easiest thumb access. If I'm going to dig into a folder, I'm probably going to be holding in in both hands.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep my most often used apps on the home page with no folders, then start using folders on page 2. I've got a total geek-fest going on as far as how I use my folders. On each of the following pages starting on page 2, I have two columns of folders running down the left side. The right two columns are reserved for frequently-but-less-frequently than page 1 apps.

There's a method to my madness. I primarily use the phone one-handed in my right hand, so I keep my most frequently used apps towards the bottom left quadrant of all the screens for easiest thumb access. If I'm going to dig into a folder, I'm probably going to be holding in in both hands.

Woooow, that's deep lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR