iOS6 6.1.2 stuck on silent, no ringer noise

TONKAFORCE

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
so i bought a iphone earlier today from some sketchy guy who wanted to meet in a homedepot parkin lot and i asked him if everything was fine, he answered yes, i checked it out an all seemed good. until i got home an got a call , it vibrated, no sound, so i checked the toggle switch on the side, checked all the sound settings an so on. still didnt work, i then did a recovery restore, still nothing. i then did some more research an found out it was some bug . there are some fixes where you download a app off cydia an it controls the volume it self but apparently only work for iOS 4 an 5 , so ive been trying to downgrade my iphone with redsnow evenmore > restore > but i dont have the shsh blogs for 5.1.1 to restore it..... is there any fix to this silent bug issue for the i0s 6 on iphone 4, please help thanks

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Also check to make sure the Bluetooth is set to "OFF" settings>bluetooth. I've heard of people having that ON by default, and once they've turned it off the sound has returned. In addition, try a soft reset by powering off/on your device, as well as trying a reboot holding home button WITH the sleep button till you see the apple logo, then let go. (Ignore the "slide to power off" prompt)

TONKAFORCE

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Also check to make sure the Bluetooth is set to "OFF" settings>bluetooth. I've heard of people having that ON by default, and once they've turned it off the sound has returned. In addition, try a soft reset by powering off/on your device, as well as trying a reboot holding home button WITH the sleep button till you see the apple logo, then let go. (Ignore the "slide to power off" prompt)

thanks for the quick reply, i just tried everything you said but it still not working, any apps i can download from the cydia to manage the sound on the iphone ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you check to see that the switch near the volume buttons isn't switched such that you can see orange? If so - switch it so you can't see orange...

TONKAFORCE

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
i found a fix :D cost me $1, went to cydia , went in the search and came across an app called "SilentMode Switcher" I choose to set my my home button with a 2 second hold to activate and unactivate silent mode, the silent and volume button still dont work, but still better than nothing, maybe they need to be replaced :s

TONKAFORCE

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
just found a free solution also

Settings
General
Accesability
Assistive touch switch on.

my iphone on the side is showing mute not on, using the assistive touch ( the white button that appears on your home screen, go to device and swithc the mute key to the opposite. on my phone mute on (bell with cross through it, opposite to phone), my phone now rings.

corey07

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much Tonkaforce. I worked on my ringer for five hours and my husband was actually on his way to buy me a new phone when I came across your instructions for the assistive touch method, you saved me a bunch!!!!! It took about 5seconds to have my phone ringing again.

ccsp

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Tonkaforce, accessibility thing worked!!!!!! Thank you soon much! I had tried ALL of the other things, including cleaning the speaker jack and charger port. Finally, volume after 8 months!

ramneeks

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't thank you enough for this tip, saved my quite a few bucks and lot of hassles. I have had this silent issue for quite long. Thank you so very much

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2