am i the only one experiencing 6.1.2 battery woes??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nope, signal is fine for me AND during the week there are times i travel within a 100-150 mile radius from where i live

problem persists

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
nope, signal is fine for me AND during the week there are times i travel within a 100-150 mile radius from where i live

problem persists

Seeing your latest screenshot Blink now I do understand your frustration and feel for you. Hope you make the trip to the genius bar. Did you also get my latest PM about the question you asked me at the end of you PM back to me?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I've mentioned this before in other threads, but if you really want to know what your battery is doing, you should get an app that allows you to see the actual battery data instead of using the battery meter and usage stats.

If you're jailbroken (and there really isn't any reason why you shouldn't be aside from company policies) there are a couple of great apps on Cydia that can give you guys some real data to start working with to help you try to figure out what's going on. I'm currently using BatteryLogger (from one of the "other" repos because the legit version won't install on iOS 6) but BatteryDetective is what I used to use and it's petty good too, maybe even better for troubleshooting.

Last year something got corrupted in my iCloud data and it caused a pretty massive battery drains. After I figured out what the problem was, I faced the monumental task of convincing Apple's tech support to delete everything from their side and let me start over. As soon as they finally did that (after weeks of phone calls) my phone went back to normal.

Here's how you can use BatteryDetective to help track down battery issues:

1) After installing the app, close all of the apps in your multitask bar and reboot your phone.

2) Open the BatteryDetective app and select "Battery Info".

3) On this page, there is a lot of detailed info regarding your battery. Take note of the difference between the "MaxCapacity" and "DesignCapacity" fields, as that will show you how much your battery has degraded since you've owned it.

4) Scroll to near the bottom of the page, and you will see the "Drain" field. This is how much battery power you are consuming. The field updates about every thirty seconds, so bear in mind that you should wait at least that long after making any changes to see what any differences have made.

I think that then main thing that you guys should be checking is your standby power consumption. To measure this, make sure that the "Drain" field is visible on screen, then hit the sleep/wake button. Leave the phone alone for around a minute, then turn it back on and read that value. It should be somewhere between 4 and 6 mA. If you get a text message or email or anything else during your wait, you will have to wait longer because events like that will make the number much higher.

If it's higher than that, you can start turning things off and repeating the measurement and see if you can figure out the offending party. The first thing I'd do is turn on Airplane Mode and see if its a radio causing trouble.

It's a lot easier to track down problems this way then it is to watch the usage numbers.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
utyzuqap.jpg

This was yesterday and this morning is this good

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Tanbam - regarding the potential iCloud issue, that might be a strong possibility. is that something to where if i were to remove my iCloud account from the device i would notice a difference? or would it be beyond that.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
that's why I'm not in a rush to upgrade to the latest and greatest iOS when it comes out. I'm still on 6.1 and things are awesome.

NolansVlogs

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
wasn't 6.1.2 supposed to correct the exchange bug that was indeed responsible for battery drain?

i restored as new before the weekend and added the bare minimum apps that i needed and still the problem persists. hell i even stopped removed my Facebook app over the weekend too and made no difference. i've always been able to correct any issue i have ever had with my phone.. until now

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

i have an upgrade basically burning a hole in my pocket now and that's not good!

Probably the apps you have running, turn wifi off when not used, LTE off if not needed, kill all apps, back light

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Tanbam - regarding the potential iCloud issue, that might be a strong possibility. is that something to where if i were to remove my iCloud account from the device i would notice a difference? or would it be beyond that.

This was back around this time last year when there wasn't any way to re-restore to a jailbreakable firmware, so I didn't have the luxury of starting from scratch.

If I rebooted the phone in Airplane Mode, it would be fine. When I would enable the radios, it would be okay for a while, then it would start doing whatever was messed up. The battery would start draining quickly, and if I was on 3G, the phone would actually start getting hot. In BatteryDetective, I could see that my standby current was around 400mA, which would drain the battery in a few hours.

I think I ended up deleting the iCloud account and was able to determine that it was the cause. It took me a about a month to get it taken care of. They had me change my password to one that they selected so that they could log in and troubleshoot, but after a week of that, they threw in the towel and deleted everything in my iCloud account. As soon as they did that, it worked beautifully again.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This was back around this time last year when there wasn't any way to re-restore to a jailbreakable firmware, so I didn't have the luxury of starting from scratch.

If I rebooted the phone in Airplane Mode, it would be fine. When I would enable the radios, it would be okay for a while, then it would start doing whatever was messed up. The battery would start draining quickly, and if I was on 3G, the phone would actually start getting hot. In BatteryDetective, I could see that my standby current was around 400mA, which would drain the battery in a few hours.

I think I ended up deleting the iCloud account and was able to determine that it was the cause. It took me a about a month to get it taken care of. They had me change my password to one that they selected so that they could log in and troubleshoot, but after a week of that, they threw in the towel and deleted everything in my iCloud account. As soon as they did that, it worked beautifully again.

WOW 400mA!?!?!! not good. after doing some testing of my own (using the instructions in your earlier post) it appears that iCloud may be an issue for me as well. i jailbroke and purchased BatteryDetective, here is what i discovered..

while in standby wifi and 3G ON with iCloud enabled 114-143mA

while in standby wifi and 3G ON with iCloud disabled 4-6mA

after seeing this first hand i have since Restored as New and did NOT setup iCloud this time around. so far it "seems" better but tomorrow i will put it to the test

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
here's what i ended up with today having my iCloud account removed all day

took off the charger early AM. i guess my standby could have been higher had i fully charged then removed from the charger before bedtime

image.jpg

now i need to see how to reset my iCloud account, assuming there is something corrupted

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It will take several days, but you should put iCloud back on but with all the services turned off and test it for a day, and then re-enable them one at a time (-and turn the other off when you enable a different one) and test for a full day. At least that will give you a good idea of where the problem lies.

i will definitely give this a try. thanks!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on VZW - running 6.1.3 beta 2 and even with LTE on all day (tested a few days with no wifi) still get pretty good battery life...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1363443858.693402.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
finally made a genius appt for tonight.. if you see/read about some crazy guy losing it at an Apple store it might be me

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW