am i the only one experiencing 6.1.2 battery woes??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
welp, they replaced it with a New one! by default though. they were out of refurbs and the Genius i had must've been on some happy pills

now, the good and bad.. he ran diagnostics and the battery checked out fine but he was getting a springboard crash. typically the tell the customer to Restore as New but since i have already done that he went with the fact that my device gets warm to hot while charging (charging issue) - great, whatever.

so last night i was setting my new phone up only to find out that i can no longer use my grandfathered google exchange info (contacts/calendar/push email) Wow. so i moved everything over to my iCloud account

so far battery life is great! AND it came loaded with 6.1.2 .. (jailbreak time?)

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Great they took care of you, my battery is horrible on my phone. The bad thing is I do not even use my iPhone 5 and at the end of the day it either has the same amount of battery my Blackberry does or a little more. I use my Blackberry all day and do not touch my iPhone unless I am doing something on my Blackberry and want to glance at a contact or date.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Great they took care of you, my battery is horrible on my phone. The bad thing is I do not even use my iPhone 5 and at the end of the day it either has the same amount of battery my Blackberry does or a little more. I use my Blackberry all day and do not touch my iPhone unless I am doing something on my Blackberry and want to glance at a contact or date.

if you have already attempted the usual battery saving tips i would definitely take a trip to an Apple store. couldn't hurt

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
if you have already attempted the usual battery saving tips i would definitely take a trip to an Apple store. couldn't hurt

Well I had mine swapped out for a brand new one 2 days ago, I have not used it yet seeing I have another phone. It still has 6.1.2 I think.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
welp, they replaced it with a New one! by default though. they were out of refurbs and the Genius i had must've been on some happy pills

now, the good and bad.. he ran diagnostics and the battery checked out fine but he was getting a springboard crash. typically the tell the customer to Restore as New but since i have already done that he went with the fact that my device gets warm to hot while charging (charging issue) - great, whatever.

so last night i was setting my new phone up only to find out that i can no longer use my grandfathered google exchange info (contacts/calendar/push email) Wow. so i moved everything over to my iCloud account

so far battery life is great! AND it came loaded with 6.1.2 .. (jailbreak time?)

Kind of late to the party on this one LOL. Glad you got it figured out BLiNK still thinking about jumping ship?! *raise eyebrow*

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
In my personal experience, carrier signal strength and wifi have been the the two biggest factors in my battery life.

If I'm out and about in an area where signal strength is weak, then I see some pretty decent battery drain. Though to be fair, my Android phone would have drained even faster, so I don't think it's phone specific.

In an area with a good strong wifi connection. I'll only lose 10-20% battery of the course of the workday, and that's only with a decent amount of usage.

Everything except bluetooth is turned on.

Even then, 'bad' battery life in my iphone was still better than a 'good' day on my Android phone, so I can't complain.

Apologies if the above has already been covered, I did not read all 4 pages of this thread.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Kind of late to the party on this one LOL. Glad you got it figured out BLiNK still thinking about jumping ship?! *raise eyebrow*

hey, sorry for the late response! you know normally i would pout and stomp my feet threatening to leave but as each year passes i become more sucked into the Apple Cult. but as each year passes the competition gets stiffer, there are some pretty cool devices out there now!

so to answer your question: i do not think i am leaving anytime soon lol

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
hey, sorry for the late response! you know normally i would pout and stomp my feet threatening to leave but as each year passes i become more sucked into the Apple Cult. but as each year passes the competition gets stiffer, there are some pretty cool devices out there now!

so to answer your question: i do not think i am leaving anytime soon lol

Great to hear or else I'd have to sick Keith on ya!! But I do have agree the competition is getting fierce especially with HTC.

Sent from the collector home world.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issues on 6.1.2 (see my post here http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/254898-battery-issue-restore-question.html)

My iphone 5's not even 2 weeks old yet and I can't believe the poor battery life. I was so pleased it came with 6.1.2 but now I wonder if it was a good thing as I'm dropping 1% every 15 minutes and that's in SLEEP mode.

From what I can see I only have 4 options now:

1. Keep the phone and put up with it (Not a good option)
2. Remove ALL the user apps and return them to my phone 1 by one to see if any are causing the problem (Too much of a ba11 ache)
3. Upgrade to 6.1.3 (Though the same issue has been reported in many cases and I'd lose JB)
4. Go back to the Apple Store (It's an 80 mile round trip and they may just tell me there's sod all wrong with it and send me packing)

Dilemma!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues on 6.1.2 (see my post here http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/254898-battery-issue-restore-question.html)

My iphone 5's not even 2 weeks old yet and I can't believe the poor battery life. I was so pleased it came with 6.1.2 but now I wonder if it was a good thing as I'm dropping 1% every 15 minutes and that's in SLEEP mode.

From what I can see I only have 4 options now:

1. Keep the phone and put up with it (Not a good option)
2. Remove ALL the user apps and return them to my phone 1 by one to see if any are causing the problem (Too much of a ba11 ache)
3. Upgrade to 6.1.3 (Though the same issue has been reported in many cases and I'd lose JB)
4. Go back to the Apple Store (It's an 80 mile round trip and they may just tell me there's sod all wrong with it and send me packing)

Dilemma!

5. Check your social networking apps , if applicable, to see if they are constantly being updated. Furthermore, check the frequency of the pull times on your non-push email and then check to see what may be using your location services often. For instance, do you have any apps like Starbucks, Walgreen or even the Passbook app that may be checking your location quite frequently? Finally, if you're not on Wi-Fi, how great of a cell signal are you getting? Poor cell signal can ravage a battery.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
5. Check your social networking apps , if applicable, to see if they are constantly being updated. Furthermore, check the frequency of the pull times on your non-push email and then check to see what may be using your location services often. For instance, do you have any apps like Starbucks, Walgreen or even the Passbook app that may be checking your location quite frequently? Finally, if you're not on Wi-Fi, how great of a cell signal are you getting? Poor cell signal can ravage a battery.

I've got the fetch set at every 30 minutes for the email. Location services are only on for FindMyiPhone and Weather. I've got Starbucks and Passbook but they're turned off in Location Services.

My cell signal is good for the most part of the day. I say the most part because it only get's a poor(ish) signal for about 10 minutes of a day during my commute.

How can I check/change the frequency social networking apps check for updates?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got the fetch set at every 30 minutes for the email. Location services are only on for FindMyiPhone and Weather. I've got Starbucks and Passbook but they're turned off in Location Services.

My cell signal is good for the most part of the day. I say the most part because it only get's a poor(ish) signal for about 10 minutes of a day during my commute.

How can I check/change the frequency social networking apps check for updates?

Look in the settings or options or preferences inside your social apps, if available.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, after my experience with 6.1.2 I finally decided to update to 6.1.3. This is what I got after updating and full charging last night:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1367135653.433732.jpg

I'm blown away by this even though most of the time the phone was on standby. On 6.1.2 I would be down to around 60% battery after that amount of time on standby.

I've lost my JB but I'll live with that if I'm getting this sort of battery life.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just as a further update to my last post, since binning my JB and updating from 6.1.2 to .3 last night, my usage is now 3h 45m and standby 15h 41m and I'm still on 82% battery.

Prior to this I'd be down to around 10% by now (nearly 3pm) and that was coming from full charge at 7am. After updating last night I took it off full charge at around midnight and I've still got 82% at 3pm. Nothing short of amazing in comparison, in my opinion. I certainly don't regret losing my JB for results like this.

All I'll say on top of this is, if anyone is having problems with 6.1.2 and hesitant about updating, it worked miracles for me. (Saved me an 80 mile round trip back to the Apple Store :) )

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as a further update to my last post, since binning my JB and updating from 6.1.2 to .3 last night, my usage is now 3h 45m and standby 15h 41m and I'm still on 82% battery.

Prior to this I'd be down to around 10% by now (nearly 3pm) and that was coming from full charge at 7am. After updating last night I took it off full charge at around midnight and I've still got 82% at 3pm. Nothing short of amazing in comparison, in my opinion. I certainly don't regret losing my JB for results like this.

All I'll say on top of this is, if anyone is having problems with 6.1.2 and hesitant about updating, it worked miracles for me. (Saved me an 80 mile round trip back to the Apple Store :) )

​Outstanding!.....Thank you for the update...:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner