am i the only one experiencing 6.1.2 battery woes??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wasn't 6.1.2 supposed to correct the exchange bug that was indeed responsible for battery drain?

i restored as new before the weekend and added the bare minimum apps that i needed and still the problem persists. hell i even stopped removed my Facebook app over the weekend too and made no difference. i've always been able to correct any issue i have ever had with my phone.. until now

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

i have an upgrade basically burning a hole in my pocket now and that's not good!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
wasn't 6.1.2 supposed to correct the exchange bug that was indeed responsible for battery drain?

i restored as new before the weekend and added the bare minimum apps that i needed and still the problem persists. hell i even stopped removed my Facebook app over the weekend too and made no difference. i've always been able to correct any issue i have ever had with my phone.. until now

i have an upgrade basically burning a hole in my pocket now and that's not good!

Is that the excuse you're using to convince yourself to upgrade or are you really having poor battery life with your current device?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

When you upgraded to 6.1.2? Did you read the first screen about what the update was for Blink? it was for (2) things. The exchange bug & to improve battery life but never a mention about them being linked together. Sorry my friend you are having these issues and I mean that. Have you thought of a trip to your local Apple store and the genius bar if you have one in your area to get to the bottom of this?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Here's my (conspiracy) theory: Apple pushed 6.1.2 out with a bug that gradually degrades battery life, then waited until the Evasi0n team confirmed it could be broken, then seeded 6.1.3 beta with the j/b fix in it. We all rushed to upgrade to 6.1.2 and re-jailbreak, and now we'll be forced to choose between the j/b and battery life. The final release of 6.1.3 will fix the battery bug. No issue for the stock folks to upgrade, but jailbreakers will be caught between a rock and a hard place.

Now removing my tinfoil hat....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

I am not noticing any difference in battery life. Same as it's been for a long while.

Last edited:

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing awesome battery life on my iPhone 5. I mean I can last all day. Never could do that on my 4.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Strange thing for me, my battery life since getting my iPhone 5 has been fairly average. Since jailbreaking and getting all my tweaks sorted so there are no clashes or resprings into safemode my iPhone 5 battery life has been amazing. Yesterday I got 12 hours of full on use, facebook, tweets, email, surfing, some music and a few games on a single charge with still 21% left. Don't know if its something to do with the jb but I'm not complaining.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

Welcome to the club, it's a huge problem, Apple apparently doesn't care, or they aren't aware somehow since the issue continues to be ignored by the tech blog/website world..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

stock iOS 6.1.2 BTW

Wait... Hold on... Your still on the 4S? What kind of fan boy are you? Haha j/k

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Is that the excuse you're using to convince yourself to upgrade or are you really having poor battery life with your current device?

haha, yeah i really am having issues with battery performance. i may take a trip to the Apple store but i am not holding my breath. surely they'll try to go over EVERYTHING i have tried myself. i do not see them handing me a new/refurb device that easily

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here's my (conspiracy) theory: Apple pushed 6.1.2 out with a bug that gradually degrades battery life, then waited until the Evasi0n team confirmed it could be broken, then seeded 6.1.3 beta with the j/b fix in it. We all rushed to upgrade to 6.1.2 and re-jailbreak, and now we'll be forced to choose between the j/b and battery life. The final release of 6.1.3 will fix the battery bug. No issue for the stock folks to upgrade, but jailbreakers will be caught between a rock and a hard place.

Now removing my tinfoil hat....

OH i am kind of with you! - http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/223304-my-conspiracy-theory.html

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the club, it's a huge problem, Apple apparently doesn't care, or they aren't aware somehow since the issue continues to be ignored by the tech blog/website world..

i am not usually one to complain about battery performance but this is ridiculous

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
haha, yeah i really am having issues with battery performance. i may take a trip to the Apple store but i am not holding my breath. surely they'll try to go over EVERYTHING i have tried myself. i do not see them handing me a new/refurb device that easily

Oh okay, Blink. I'm sorry about your battery woes, my friend, and I wish I could pinpoint an exact reason, but I can't. You're an experienced & respected member so I know you've done all there is to be done to rectify the problem so go ahead and take that trip to the Apple Store anyway. You may find it beneficial...;)...Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Blink.... I suppose my mention about going to the Apple store and talk to the Genius Bar employees meets with the same advice from my friend 'D so that is what I would try. Stranger things have happened from am Apple store buddy.;)

I also agree you are a well respected long standing member here and know what to try. It never hurts when you are at wits end to go to the next level. Have a great day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh