iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm pretty pissed with Apple right now, I took everyone's advice here, restored my phone as new yesterday on 6.1.2, and just like with 6.1, my battery life is horrible, they need to do something about this in a hurry. I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face "it just works" or that the iPhone is more stable and has better battery life than Android phones. For such a locked down OS, we shouldn't be having these unfixable problems.

I wonder if the Apple store will swap my phone for a new one??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm pretty pissed with Apple right now, I took everyone's advice here, restored my phone as new yesterday on 6.1.2, and just like with 6.1, my battery life is horrible, they need to do something about this in a hurry. I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face "it just works" or that the iPhone is more stable and has better battery life than Android phones. For such a locked down OS, we shouldn't be having these unfixable problems.

i'd give it a shot. put that great customer service to the test

let us know how it goes if you do

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm pretty pissed with Apple right now, I took everyone's advice here, restored my phone as new yesterday on 6.1.2, and just like with 6.1, my battery life is horrible,
I am so sorry that you are having terrible battery life with your device running the latest iOS version.
they need to do something about this in a hurry.
I really don't know what they can do about this being that it is not affecting everyone. My battery life on my iPhone has been what I expected it to be even on iOS 5.
I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face "it just works" or that the iPhone is more stable and has better battery life than Android phones.
Although I understand your frustrations to a point, I am one of the people who can indeed say with a straight face that my phone works and that my battery life with my iPhone is better the the Android devices I had before it.
For such a locked down OS, we shouldn't be having these unfixable problems.

Hopefully, they will. Give it a try. Anyway, I do hope you find a satsifying solution to your battery woes. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

"I will agree that through all the latest updates I have done my battery life appears to be stable and to be honest I am just kind of use to get what I get. No real complains here."###Hope all works out for you and you let us know what happens.

Last edited:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
There's only one real solution for you guys and gals. Simple RAZR Maxx HD very heavy use I get 10-12 hrs moderate to light use 3 days before I charge

sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure that all four people that bought that phone would agree.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that all four people that bought that phone would agree.

tumblr_lzwagsA2Bs1r7n0dh.gif

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to think the battery issues are related to poor signal. My battery has been fine til today on 6.1.2. I was down to 42% by 11am and i took it off charge at 4am. I have been getting way better than this. Nothing has been changed in my settings or use.

Philipntx

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading i have seen a huge bump in my data usage. I'm talking about 10 to 15 times my normal usage. I looked on Verizon's website and it showed that I was using data at times when I was either asleep or at work, both of which are times I would be on Wi-Fi networks. Verizon had no explanation except that I must have apps running that are downloading or uploading data at those rates, but I don't have anything running at those times. This sounds like the same problem that the iPhone5 was having when it was first released on Verizon's network. I have an iPhone5, 16GB on Verizon's network. Anyone else experiencing any bumps in data usage since upgrading to 6.1.2?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Since upgrading i have seen a huge bump in my data usage. I'm talking about 10 to 15 times my normal usage. I looked on Verizon's website and it showed that I was using data at times when I was either asleep or at work, both of which are times I would be on Wi-Fi networks. Verizon had no explanation except that I must have apps running that are downloading or uploading data at those rates, but I don't have anything running at those times. This sounds like the same problem that the iPhone5 was having when it was first released on Verizon's network. I have an iPhone5, 16GB on Verizon's network. Anyone else experiencing any bumps in data usage since upgrading to 6.1.2?
I haven't but I turn my phone to airplane mode at night on purpose, and I do the same on my husbands phone and iPad. It has cut down on things like this.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset mine yesterday. Now i have been off the charger since 4am and I'm at 74% at 2:47pm. I would say that is a big change from yesterday!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox