iOS 6.1.2 rumored for release - this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 6.1.2 rumored for release - next week?

Hopefully it doesn't patch the JB or I'll pass.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

yeah, no kidding. it's almost becoming comical

I agree. I can only imagine how things like these would have never happened with Jobs at the helm. Hopefully they can get things figured out with this update.

iandrewj

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

At least with Apple the updates are straight from the source and not at the carrier's discretion! That is one of the many things that finally made me switch from "the darkside of the phone".

iandrewj

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
iOS 6.1.2 rumored for release - next week?

Hopefully it fixes the battery drain in 6.1

With 6.1 installed i see no battery drain. I unplug my ip5 about 2 hrs before I go to work. 9hrs of audio books and surf ( Flipboard, Facebook, Twitter, Safari) on breaks and before & after my 10 hrs shift. Typical for Mon through Thurs. 35-40% left by the time I get home at 2am.

Until a phone lasts 2 solid days I'll be charging nighty regardless.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I have a problem with rushed updates like this one. They scramble to fix the jailbreak and pass code lock, and I the process the break other things. Apple should always take time to actually test and fix things properly, but they oftentimes don't.

I really hope battery stays consistent here, too. I currently have the best battery life I have ever gotten on any phone. If they try and fix battery, I usually end up with worse results than I have ever gotten.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

At least with Apple the updates are straight from the source and not at the carrier's discretion! That is one of the many things that finally made me switch from "the darkside of the phone".

Well I guess that can be a good and bad thing. Good you get quicker updates, bad that these updates introduce more bugs than previous versions.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I have a problem with rushed updates like this one. They scramble to fix the jailbreak and pass code lock, and I the process the break other things. Apple should always take time to actually test and fix things properly, but they oftentimes don't.

I really hope battery stays consistent here, too. I currently have the best battery life I have ever gotten on any phone. If they try and fix battery, I usually end up with worse results than I have ever gotten.

Just wait until IOS 7 is out and when the phones get updated I am sure people will claim it lowers their battery life. That is an ever occuring theme with these updates it seems.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Just wait until IOS 7 is out and when the phones get updated I am sure people will claim it lowers their battery life. That is an ever occuring theme with these updates it seems.

I can see major updates adding more features and using more battery; however, I don't see why bug fix updates would lower battery life.

I had decent battery on iOS 6.0, but its the best I've ever had on a smartphone on 6.1.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I can see major updates adding more features and using more battery; however, I don't see why bug fix updates would lower battery life.

I had decent battery on iOS 6.0, but its the best I've ever had on a smartphone on 6.1.

Well you can always have that rogue issue that pops up like the exchange issue, etc. Hopefully they can get it all worked out for the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73